Rotisserie Thermometer/Probe suggestion? Summit 670.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
Hey guys been a while. Have some time to get back into the hobby now that my traveling is settling down. S-670 on the way this week. My Genesis just gave up the ghost. Curious what if anything you guys are doing to monitor temps when you're doing rotisserie.

Has anyone figured a way to rig a wireless probe to the rod? Or is the only way to lift the lid and check it with an instant read?

ROB O said:
Hey guys been a while. Have some time to get back into the hobby now that my traveling is settling down. S-670 on the way this week. My Genesis just gave up the ghost. Curious what if anything you guys are doing to monitor temps when you're doing rotisserie.

Has anyone figured a way to rig a wireless probe to the rod? Or is the only way to lift the lid and check it with an instant read?

Here ya go Rob, ET-75. Tell Finney, Larry said Hey!

Thanks Larry. How ya' been?

Looks pretty close to what I was thinking of rigging up. Just need confirmation there's enough slack between the lid and rod to route the wire so it doesn't bind. But looks encouraging.

ROB O said:
Thanks Larry. How ya' been?

Looks pretty close to what I was thinking of rigging up. Just need confirmation there's enough slack between the lid and rod to route the wire so it doesn't bind. But looks encouraging.

Good, how bout yourself?

Email Finney and he can provide more information on how the ET-75 works. BBQCarolina@gmail.com

Hmmm... Did a little research. Looks as if the collars for the ET-75 are too big for Webers. Not exactly looking forward to drilling holes in a Summit I haven't even unboxed yet.

Guess I'll need to get it in and take some measurements. Maybe I can fabricate a collar out of stock pipe. It's all going to depend on the tolerances I guess.

Rob what are you cooking and at what temp? Most meats cook at 20 minutes per pound at 350*. figure it that way at check with an instant read.

Hey Nick,

Yeah. I know. I can always stick a pen in it. But you know me. Always been a gadget head. Think I may have even worked out a quick solution. We'll see.

I pretty much figure to be spinning everything from big birds to little birds to roasts to, well, salmon. Sometimes some of it at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom