ribeyes on the modified SJP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
I have modified my Smokey Joe Platinum similar to the way J.D. McGee did in this thread over on the Weber forum:

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tp ... 1480032135

The biggest regular bit that I had at the time that I did the mods was a 3/8th" bit. I'll either enlarge the holes in the bowl with my Dremmel, or I'll buy a bigger bit and drill them out even more. The small holes improved the air flow greatly.

I christened the modified version tonight with some Publix Greenwise ribeyes. I also threw on a small top blade steak for my special assistant. She was pretending to grill on the Smokey Joe Silver.

The charcoal was Publix Greenwise lump charcoal. This was the first time that I had used it, and it gave a nice flavor.

img_156427_0_9426cfd1ab9fffc707ce70e5edbf9c77.jpg

img_156427_1_045c3968422f50050c604f727f483128.jpg

img_156427_2_9945d1f606080cebfb6d3316cc8236c9.jpg

Tannehill Kid said:
Cook looks like it went very well. Looks like you had a cutie helping :)

Thanks. She wanted to get some of her play food and put it on the little grill. I'll have to pick up a new grate for her to use when she wants to grill along side Daddy.

Captain Morgan said:
so who really cooked, you or the cutie?

She supervised. :)

Last week, her mother brought home some hot dogs. The little girl was watching a movie. I just went out and grilled the dogs on my little Weber Q120. When we sat down to eat, my little girl looked at the dogs and then asked me, "Did you grill these without me?" with a look that was a combination of anguish and anger. She's definitely a Daddy's girl.

Back
Top Bottom