ribeye (prime grade)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
I picked up this prime grade ribeye at Whole Foods yesterday:

img_157334_0_dc56f036cdf78a7c172e6b446c47d62c.jpg

I cooked it over a fire made of a mix of Natures Mesquite and Publix Greenwise lump:
img_157334_1_fa66bcf650d21b9e12420340719be724.jpg

img_157334_2_182fe9e0a37ed6cd80e6afb951e84521.jpg

I cooked it on the modified Smokey Joe Platinum. Sadly, the chrome grill grate in it just doesn't make for good grill marks. The pictures don't do such a fine piece of meat justice. It had a very nice flavor to it although it wasn't one of my better grilling jobs.

yeah, I wish we had a Trader Joe's too.
This is actually a fairly small town without the
16 million tourists. At least we have a Costco.

Captain Morgan said:
yeah, I wish we had a Trader Joe's too.
This is actually a fairly small town without the
16 million tourists. At least we have a Costco.

I've driven through there on the way to other places, but I have never been there. I would like to visit the area.

I'm kind of shocked that Savannah doesn't have a Whole Foods.

I have a couple of butcher shops near me. One is run by a couple of former Whole Foods/Harry's guys. The other one is pretty good too, but he's a bit more expensive is isn't as easy for me to get to.

oh man its almost 5oclock here im gonna kill somethin (in the fridge) when i get home after seeing that! yummy!

That looks great. Can't remember the last time I had prime beef. There is a Whole Foods store in Nashville, where my daughter lives and she's going to fetch me some.

Dang dont think I ever tasted anything in the Prime Grade that I can recall anyway. Bet that was yummy in the tummy. Great job!! Can a person use A1 Sauce or ketchup on that kinda deal:)

bigwheel

Which is actually grown here in the USA and shipped to Japan...you may not know it, but, the best selections of steak never get to market here in the USA due to price...they go right to Japan...where its nothing to shuck out $110+ for a steak. Their system of grading steak is also different using 12 levels (I think) vs. our 4?

Greg Rempe said:
Which is actually grown here in the USA and shipped to Japan...you may not know it, but, the best selections of steak never get to market here in the USA due to price...they go right to Japan...where its nothing to shuck out $110+ for a steak. Their system of grading steak is also different using 12 levels (I think) vs. our 4?
:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom