Reverse Sear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
surfinsapo said:
My turn to try. Larry & Finney... wish me luck fellers!!! ;)

What's your test subject Sapo?
A new york strip steak only... I eat steaks during the week since I work nights and need a quick meal... It's on the Kamado right now :D

Flytyer said:
I know this will sound obvious but I want to make sure I understand the method before I ruin some good meat tomorrow. Am I to understand that the basic philosophy is to slow cook to 100 degrees and then sear - simple as that? Thus, reverse sear, or am I missing something. Kind of like finishing ribs with flame at the end of a smoke?
That's all you do.. I just did one and it came out awesome... cuts like a hot knife and butter.... Thanks Finney & Larry

surfinsapo said:
Flytyer said:
I know this will sound obvious but I want to make sure I understand the method before I ruin some good meat tomorrow. Am I to understand that the basic philosophy is to slow cook to 100 degrees and then sear - simple as that? Thus, reverse sear, or am I missing something. Kind of like finishing ribs with flame at the end of a smoke?
That's all you do.. I just did one and it came out awesome... cuts like a hot knife and butter.... Thanks Finney & Larry
Omigosh, that looks good! :shock:

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom