Rack of Lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Did a rack of Lamb this weekend for dinner

Rubbed with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express and grilled

plated with garlic mashed potatoes and a red wine/garlic sauce

also had a salad (not pictured)

twas goooood...

Captain Morgan said:
care to share the sauce recipe?

you are asking ME for a recipe.... :damnfunny .. the guy who don't write anything down.... ask Bill how that goes...

ok... here is what I did
Red wine in a pan with minced garlic... boil and reduce (i used chianti.. but next time would maybe use something else.. maybe a merlot)
stop boiling and strain (I didn't strain)
cream together some butter and flour
add slowly to wine reduction while heating.. this will thicken and make creamy.
salt and pepper and some parsley to taste

I don't recipe.. i just cook...

Griff said:
Looks great Larry. I like chimichurri (sp?) sauce with lamb.
(Isn't that a song from Mary Poppins? Dick Van Dyke's character sang it?
confused-smiley-016.gif
)

I've gotta agree -- the lamb with chimichurri sauce that your prepared last summer was delicious. Thanks for the reminder -- I'll start watching for racks on sale. :D

--John 8)

How was it grilled? Direct or indirect and for how long?
It looks great!

erik13 said:
How was it grilled? Direct or indirect and for how long?
It looks great!
I seared it direct over high heat both sides for 3-4 minutes then switched to low direct heat til the internal temp was at 145. let it rest for 10 minutes and slice between the bones.

wdroller said:
Gary, in the past lamb is about the last thing I would pick out of the meat counter. But that dish you posted has got me to thinking that maybe I outta "broaden my horizons." I assume you cooked it over charcoal.

I'll google the sauce name and try to find how to make it.

Thanks for posting such an appetizing dish.

the rack of lamb was not as "lamb-ey" tasting as say... a leg of lamb.. (which I do on the rotisserie and love)... I did this on my gas grill direct as discribed above but charcoal would do just as well I am sure... I believe the key to lamb is to not to overcook... medium is the maximum doneness in my opinion....

the sauce "recipe" is decribed in an earlier post under this thread... not hard at all... as for the wine to use... i used a chianti... but would use a merlot or a "lighter" red next time...and strain it prior to thickening...

Awsome looking dish, and the cool thing is I can see it at work. No teasing me with all the Ooo's and Aahh's and firewalled pictures. Anyway's looking good dude [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif] .

Back
Top Bottom