Pre-Season Hot Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
With the NFL pre-season starting, I decided to start trying out some hot wing recipes. I have a hot wing recipe I like a lot but I thought I would experiment with some different hot wing sauces and cooking methods.

I'm calling this one "Packer's Pluck". My wife is from Wisconsin so we naturally root for Green Bay even though Bret left and the team isn't the same anymore.

Anyway, getting back to the wings, I ordered some hot wing sauce from Defcon Sauces and tried out their number 2 wing sauce. Their sauces are labeled 1 through 3 in order of heat. Number 2 is their medium heat sauce and it has a sticker on the side of the bottle that states, "Winner 2009 Fiery Food Challenge". It's pretty darn good.

I cut the wings into flaps and drummies, seasoned them with some Sweet Life Grilling Rub and put them on parchment paper in a jelly roll pan. Then I let them sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to dry out the skins a bit.

Cooking the wings involved a three step process. I baked them in the split drum grill between 325 and 375 degrees for about a half hour. Then after letting them rest for about ten minutes, I deep fried them until they were crispy. The last step was bathing them in the Defcon Wing Sauce.

They smelled and looked so good after cooking them last night that we started eating them before I got a chance to take a picture of the plated wings. The plated shot is of a few of the left overs I took this morning. I ate them right after taking the picture. Nothing like left over wings at 9:30 in the morning!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back
Top Bottom