Porterhouse and Roadside Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Porterhouse on sale, so that and a tater are dinner. Since the grill is fired up, did some thighs for lunch this week. Used Bryan's roadside recipe, kicked it up a notch with cayenne pepper and red wine vinegar added in.

Nice dinner Cappy! With the roadside chicks, did you use the white vinegar like Brian posted or did you cut it in half like Larry said? I cut it in half yesterday and I liked it much more than full strength (vinegar). I had a piece for lunch today and it was great!

Puff, just salt and fresh ground pepper.

Nick, I used all the vinegar, added red wine vinegar and sherry, used cayenne and some Cavenders in with the original recipe. Wanted a bolder flavor. Haven't eaten any yet, I'll find tomorrow if it's any better or worse.

normally I could, but sad to say even though I'm fat, I just can't eat as
much as my younger days. Got a nice lunch waiting for me though!

yeah I put those grill marks on there just for you guys. I know people eat with their eyes, but I use my mouth a lot more, and I don't care about fancy grill marks most of the time.

Captain Morgan said:
Puff, just salt and fresh ground pepper.

Nick, I used all the vinegar, added red wine vinegar and sherry, used cayenne and some Cavenders in with the original recipe. Wanted a bolder flavor. Haven't eaten any yet, I'll find tomorrow if it's any better or worse.
While the steaks are cookin'.
Throw some EVOO on em'.
Put some more on when your taking them off.
That is good stuff =P~

I used to marinade in evoo and woos, but now I just pop em on plain and when they come off, rub with a slab of butter before tenting. Like the butter flavor better.

If I'm using a cheaper cut, I'll still use the evoo to help tenderize or soften the meat, but remember part of the porterhouse is the tenderloin, which doesn't need any tenderizing imho.

Back
Top Bottom