Pork Chops, Two Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
Pork Chops, Two Ways

Tonight it was pork chops on the kettle. Here's the reason for the two ways.
Larry sent me a small sample of his (as I named it) WolfeRub. And, I had just received my order of Rev. Marvin's BBQ sauce.
I had two 1 1/2" pork chops straight from the store.
I put WolfeRub on both, but more on the one that was to remain 'bare'.
Cooked both until almost done, added Rev. Marvin's spicy sauce to one.

I will tell you the 'bare' WolfeRub chop was excellent. I can imagine that Larry's rub would be very good on some real BBQ. (he says it is)

Now on to Rev. Marvins 'Spicy' sauce. It is 1/2 mustard sauce and 1/2 vinegar sauce... with a spicy/hot finish. Tasting it out straight out of the bottle the dominant flavor is definitely the mustard. But cooked on the pork chop the dimensions of this sauce really came out. There was still a mustard flavor, but there was so many more layers. I can't wait to try this one on chicken. I'll post this in the reviews also.

The Rev's sauce is a journey....out of the bottle it is very hot and mustardy...after cookiing, both flavors reduce their impact, and it becomes a wonderful compliment to pork and chicken (also brats and dogs). I am a very serious vinegar sauce for pulled pork type of guy,
but I tried it one time when reheating some pp, and I was very surprised how good it was!

Back
Top Bottom