Pork Chops Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Brined 6 chops today for 3 hours.
Brine was
1 qt. water
1/4 cup tablesalt
3 tablespoons sugar.
Rubbed the 1/2 chops down with a coffee rub my niece and nephew gave me (Don't know the brand but it was good)
Rubbed the others down with KC Masterpiece BBQ seasoning. Grilled them for 3 1/2 minutes per side with 2 chunks of hickory on the coals. Used a sauce that Finney posted in the reciepe section. These were the best damn chops I ever had. The were extremly moist and tender and what a taste. Even my wife commented about how good they tasted.

Ive got a small brisket I'm gonna do on Sunday. I'll just rub it down with that. I'm gonna try butter instead of broth when I wrap it in foil. I know Larry, you don't use foil, but I like to wrap it when it hits 165-170. Hey you never know!

Nick Prochilo said:
Ive got a small brisket I'm gonna do on Sunday. I'll just rub it down with that. I'm gonna try butter instead of broth when I wrap it in foil. I know Larry, you don't use foil, but I like to wrap it when it hits 165-170. Hey you never know!

Nick you've obviously not read my posts! The last brisket I did, I foiled! Turned out great too! But, my arm was twisted all the way. Only cause I'd run out of time! Would I do it again? Sure if I ran out of time! Otherwise I'd let it fiinish unfoiled!

Try a combo of the two--broth and unsalted melted butter. If you heat the butter in the broth in a Pyrex measuring cup you can stick an immersion blender in it and emulisfy pretty well just before use. The liquid you for out of the foil, as always, makes a great start for a sauce or a great addition to one you've already got going.

Back
Top Bottom