Poke shops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
look, there better some pics or at least recipes for the fried cheddar bread,
or i'm going to Va and break another one of Larry's ribs.

You of all people know a poke chop sammich on WHITE bread AIN'T A POKE CHOP SAMMICH WITHOUT THE BONE!!! That's how it's done son!!

I had fried poke chops last night, thin cut, bone IN.....yum. Are you familiar with
the corn starch and flour method?

gonna have leftovers for lunch today. Wish I could make some cheddar cheese fried bread. :(

Captain Morgan said:
I had fried poke chops last night, thin cut, bone IN.....yum. Are you familiar with
the corn starch and flour method?

No, but I've done the corn meal and flour method........what is this you are referring to??

Bon Appetit

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
4 7-ounce center-cut pork loin rib chops (each about 3/4 inch thick)

Vegetable oil (for frying)

preparation

Mix flour, cornstarch and garlic salt in medium bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture (do not shake off excess).

Pour enough vegetable oil into heavy large skillet to reach depth of 1 inch. Heat oil to 350°F. Fry pork chops in oil until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side

comments:
I've never fried anything with cornstarch - was worried about that but so many reviews were positive that I had to try it - added extra spices as many suggested - we are spicy eaters - and they were probably the best pork chops I've made - nice and juicy with a good crispy coating - I did let my pork chops "rest" 10-15 min. after coating them so I wouldn't loose the crust - I've found that to work on most fried foods. Thank you for this recipe!

the 2 to one flour to corn starch ratio makes the perfect crust

Dang Cappy your perception is uncanny sometimes. The world champeen CFS recipe of Texas calls to let the raw coating dry out prior to frying. In fact the recipe say dont even drag out your skillet till the meat has been coated and set on a rack to dry. Cookie rack works great. Little fan blowing on it is nice. Now as to the original discussion a "chop" can only be a chop if it contains a bone. So for a person to say I have bonless pork chops that is technically not possible or at the least redundant. The chunks of Wilbur in the pic was loin steaks. The host just decided to cut up everybodys steak to save them some work or something.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom