Pellet smoker/grill for camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginger_lily

Assistant Cook
Greetings, gents! And first of all, I'd like to say thanks for letting me join.
Came here looking for a piece of advice, as I am choosing a nice portable pellet grill to take with us on RV camping. I see that there's already a thread dedicated to pellets and I also would like to purchase a pellet grill in a future, but as I said already I'm looking for a slightly different type of grill.
Did quite a bit of research, got it down to Traeger Junior vs Green Mountain. So now I'm choosing between these two and looking for some feedback: like, what are the pro's and con's? What about efficiency? Are these cheaper to maintain than chaorchal ones?
Want quality first, price... well, preferably something under 700$. Won't be cooking for competition nor crowds, just for a family (me, missus and our daughter), so a smaller one is fine.

I'm not in a hurry as I'm going to grill for next camping season. Also waiting for any good deals.
So thanks in advance!

Traeger Tailgater

I use a Traeger Tailgater as I RV fulltime. I keep the wheels and legs folded up and set the unit on my tailgate or on a picnic table. Very happy. And it fits in the bay beneath the RV. cools off fast for putting away too!

Have a Green Mountain as the one you've mentioned, jeff_d. Great little grill that works on electric or battery power. Nice size hopper, food probe, does both slow BBQ and direct grilling. Worth looking into.

Still, heard only good things about Traegers.
Only one caution! As far as I know one of them (unfortunately I don't know the model) has the pellet hopper under the main cover. This creates problem when steam is created in the grill and the moisture gets into the pellets.

Adjustable charcoal grate height offers precision heat control for low and slow or a hot sear.
I am looking for the best gas and charcoal grill combo for enjoying your meat in different cooking methods.
The good news is that I can completely expect more than that in this article on internet here.
I choose Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill can meet the demand of a my large family .
I am verry happy about it.
You can check it.:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom