On the menu tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Tuscan grilled pork chops, honey-balsamic grilled carrots, sauteed hericot
verts, and ciabatta bread with "dippin" (as my daughters call it). It's just olive
oil, balsamic and pepper, with a little honey and garlic salt.

Pics and a recipe to follow...

I will say that I am using Kosmo's Pork Soak for the first time.

John

Thanks. No McCormick tonight. I'm going with a brine/marinade approach. The Kosmo's
is the brine, and I'll give 'em a quick marinade in balsamic vinaigrette just before they
go on.

Then, I'll glaze them with a bit of honey, balsamic and a little butter a minute or so
before they come off.

John

I don't think John wanted to offend bald people and he didn't spell them haricot verts, as to not offend hairless people. Just my .02. But who am I? I just eat string beans.

Nick Prochilo said:
PatioDaddio said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":362h34vw]McCormicks or not, When padiodaddio makes it I'm sure it can only be special.
Thanks, Nick.

John
Any time bro, your a genius! I try to be more and more like you each and every day, you complete me![/quote:362h34vw]
No, not a genius, by any stretch. I'm just one guy that grillls, but I appreciate
your kind words.

John

P.S. Not to be a grammar teacher, but it's "you're", not "your". ;)

OK, here are the pics. I decided not to cook the hericot verts, but the rest was good.

TuscanChops_1_3_640.jpg

TuscanChops_1_1_640.jpg

TuscanChops_1_2_640.jpg

GrilledCarrots_1_1_640.jpg

Recipe to follow...

John

John, everything looks great! But I'll tell you, I've grilled carrots a few times and absolutely love them! Yours look fantastic and I gotta be honest, the glaze didn't sound good, but it sure looks good and after that pic, I may have to give it a shot!!! Nice cook bro!

BTW, what did you marinate the chops in? Looks good Bro!

Larry Wolfe said:
PatioDaddio said:
Thanks, guys.

John

Guess you overlooked it, but what did you marinate the chops in? They look great and moist!

I am fairly certain it's not a marinade, but an Italian salad dressing of some sort - just can't tell which brand. I've got my first born riding on this one!!!

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3t8ze2vl]
PatioDaddio said:
Thanks, guys.

John

Guess you overlooked it, but what did you marinate the chops in? They look great and moist!

I am fairly certain it's not a marinade, but an Italian salad dressing of some sort - just can't tell which brand. I've got my first born riding on this one!!![/quote:3t8ze2vl]
As I mentioned in the first post in the thread, I soaked them in Kosmo's Pork Soak
(4 hours). Then I rinsed the chops and marinated them for about an hour in balsamic
vinaigrette.

John

PatioDaddio said:
Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":zq2lsaba]
PatioDaddio said:
Thanks, guys.

John

I am fairly certain it's not a marinade, but an Italian salad dressing of some sort - just can't tell which brand. I've got my first born riding on this one!!!
As I mentioned in the first post in the thread, I soaked them in Kosmo's Pork Soak
(4 hours). Then I rinsed the chops and marinated them for about an hour in balsamic
vinaigrette.

John[/quote:zq2lsaba]

What brand?

PatioDaddio said:
Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2ntag8vs]
PatioDaddio said:
Thanks, guys.

John

vinaigrette.

John[/quote:2ntag8vs]

Is that the new clear balsamic I've been hearing about? Cause, all the balsamic's I've seen are much darker than what you've used. If so, where can I find this mysterious clear balsamic? Will they sell it to the average Joe like me or do I need to take a trophy with me when purchasing?

Back
Top Bottom