New Performer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Got my new Weber Performer. Assembled it in about 45 minutes yesterday, very simple. This is a very nice quality built grill if you're looking for a very nice charcoal grill, I'd recommend this one. The gas ignition for the charcoal is fantastic, pour the charcoal in the grill and put the ignition button and viola the charcoal is lit in a matter of minutes. I threw on some ribeyes for it's initial cook last night!

Nick Prochilo said:
Man oh man....what kind of garbage pail is that? I have to get me one! #-o
That is one fine lookin' pail =D> gotta' have it :grin: Larry were did you get it?

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":14glah6n]
ScottyDaQ said:
Larry, look out...there's some ugly dude in a wheelchair by your grill. Look in the reflection!

I'm so glad I was clothed!!
:ack: Thank God In heaven for that :ack: :ack:

Come here little Puffy..............a little closer...........perfect...:compuf:[/quote:14glah6n] :eek:uch: I'm tellin' :eek:uch:

Runs off of one of those small propane tanks and has a "jet" type burner right in the middle of the grill. I left it on for a couple minutes and it had the pile lit.

ZBQ said:
Hey Larry!
I have been contemplating getting a Performer too.
I was wondering if you can do some kind of mod to make it run from a 20 lb. tank of propane?

Yeah you can, but honestly you don't need it. It takes less than 5 minutes per cook of using the gas to light the coals. It's not a "burner" for cooking, more of a "torch".

I almost always use Royal Oak lump in my Weber. I didn't do anything special for a first burn in, just lit it and let her rip. I've been back on charcol now (vs. gas) for almost a year. Prior to that I hadn't cook on charcol since high school on the beach.

You can get Royal Oak at Walmart. Even though that grill has the gas ignition, I would still buy the Weber charcoal chimney to get it going quick. It comes with charcoal baskets so you don't need to order them. Get a few AL foil pans for doing indirect cooking. Buy a good pair of tongs. And a meat thermometer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom