New Grill Arrives Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
My new grill arrives today hopefully! It is a Klose fajita style grill with a 160,000 BTU fish fryer burner. The grill is 100% charcoal/wood no gas except for the fish fryer. First cook is Wednesday. Going to try and cook some ribs using the direct method (Memphis Style (Rendezvous)) . Will also be doing some ribs, brisket, and pork butt in my smoker. Very anxious to compare the two styles of ribs (direct vs. indirect) and sauce vs. dry rub.

Meat slicer arrives today and I am also waiting on a shipment of pecan wood.
Life couldn't be better. Thank God that winter is finally over. I'll post pictures.

QnBrew said:
Congrats, Kloset. I had Ritch at Gator build me a similiar type of grill. Picking it up Saturday. I'm also looking forward to experimenting with direct-style cooking.

QnBrew,

Is this your grill? Congratulations! It's a beauty and a beast (I mean that in a complementary way).

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2602

BTW my grill has arrived and I just got it unwrapped. Time to season and then cook.

Kloset

Greg Rempe said:
I'd like to see some pics of that baby...or see it in person!! :D

Greg,

I'll post some pictures tonight. I do expect to have you, Uncle Bubba, and Woodman (and anyone else on this forum that wants to make the drive - all are welcome) over to my house within the next month to launch this grill..

Stay tuned for details.

Kloset

Raine said:
Nice. How did the steaks turn out?

The steaks turned out great nice and juicy with a little sweetness. I threw in
a cherry log on the fire and closed the hood to get some of that smoke in the meat. Grilling and smoking at the same time.

QnBrew said:
Very nice! Looks like you've got the ultimate back yard setup. :D

Thanks Q'nBrew. Good luck on your trip to Texas. Post plenty of pictures of your grill when you get it back. That's quite a grill!

Kloset

I was just going to say...you have a set-up that I hope to achieve some day...nice cement pad, smoker, big as grill...all steel!! I thoght I was jealous of Woodrow...I think I like your set up better!! Best of both worlds...sorry WoodPit! :)

Thanks Greg. Looking forward to having you and the guys out to the house.

I've got to say though, I'm jealous of Woody. That's a great pit he's getting and I'm looking forward to cooking on it. Are you joining our competition team? We might not win any awards but we'll have a great time!

Kloset

Larry Wolfe said:
:eek:fftop: THIS POST IS ABOUT KLOSETS NEW GRILL NOT REMPE AND WOODY COOKING TOGETHER! :eek:
:lmao: You tell 'em, Larry! :lmao:

:!:

Thanks for keeping the conversation on point Larry!

Man that's a sentance I thought I'd never write! LOL!

& thanks for all the comments guys!

Kloset

Back
Top Bottom