New Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
I've been thinking about maybe getting a new grill this spring. I don't want to spend much, and was wondering what you all thought. Is there anything with more bang for the buck than a Weber One Touch?

Look around at garage sales and yard sales. Val picked up this ( built1978 I think a few years back) for 25 bucks! oompappy want's to swipe it from me when in town and stops by my neck of the woods. ;) :LOL: :D

img_183277_0_d4edd3973a2c5206bd2f45af0f3f1642.jpg

Pigs

I posted an add on Craigslist in the "wanted" section and had several hits. I drove about 10 minutes away and picked up a 18" or whatever it is Weber kettle. It looked un-used. I think it was used for hot dogs and hams once. $10 :D - Id start there. ;)

dollarbill said:
I posted an add on Craigslist in the "wanted" section and had several hits. I drove about 10 minutes away and picked up a 18" or whatever it is Weber kettle. It looked un-used. I think it was used for hot dogs and hams once. $10 :D - Id start there. ;)
No Pic, no grill. ;) :LOL:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
dollarbill said:
No Pic, no grill. ;) :LOL:

Pigs

Its a year old now - maybe more, but here she is. Dirty girl! She needs a bath.

img_183445_0_e566ac66bd276a43a3ded3af80ddce0e.jpg

I see the rim of the lid is bent. If it doesn't fit snug, take a pair of pliers and pull it back into shape. The tight fit is what makes the Weber kettle
the best grill on the market. However, any dent or bang that exposes
the metal underneath is a spot where rust will set in...consider using
heat proof paint to touch up those spots. it won't be the same as the
porcelain coating, but it will help a lot.

Thanks Cappy! I didnt even notice it was ever bent. ( I just went and double checked) It is a snug fit though and I do have some hi temp paint. ;) :D

I see it has a wood handle on the lid. :D Take a look at the vent on the lid, there will be a stamp from A to Z on it. Call Weber and they can tell you what year it was made.

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Look around at garage sales and yard sales. Val picked up this ( built1978 I think a few years back) for 25 bucks! oompappy want's to swipe it from me when in town and stops by my neck of the woods. ;) :LOL: :D

img_183552_0_d4edd3973a2c5206bd2f45af0f3f1642.jpg

Pigs

Pigs,

That's a great score! 1978? Looks brand new. Must have spent the entire 31 years in the box! Love those red Webers!

Back
Top Bottom