New addition to the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
My Weber Summit got here yesterday!

Got it put together in about an hour and made lunch.

Finnaly got ahold of a nice tri-tip and grilled some asparugus.

Nice machine so far. Going to do about 4 ribeyes tonight.

Nice GH! I'm starting to look for a new gasser to replace my old one. It's a toss up right now between the 1 you got anf the 6 burner model. Why didn't you get the porcalin(sp) CI cook grates?

The stainless looks great. My Genesis 2000 is still going strong after 14 years ~ Take good care of her and she'll last a long time. :(

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice GH! I'm starting to look for a new gasser to replace my old one. It's a toss up right now between the 1 you got anf the 6 burner model. Why didn't you get the porcalin(sp) CI cook grates?
I bought it off of Amazon. That is how it came. So far they are ok. Whats the deal with the porcelain.Is it better? Is it an option?

The Joker said:
The stainless looks great. My Genesis 2000 is still going strong after 14 years ~ Take good care of her and she'll last a long time. :(
Thanks! It is well built. I really had to sell the longevity of the thing to the wifey before she would let me spring for it.

Green Hornet said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3g9eeee6]Nice GH! I'm starting to look for a new gasser to replace my old one. It's a toss up right now between the 1 you got anf the 6 burner model. Why didn't you get the porcalin(sp) CI cook grates?
I bought it off of Amazon. That is how it came. So far they are ok. Whats the deal with the porcelain.Is it better? Is it an option? [/quote:3g9eeee6]
The one sold by HD come std with the PCI grates. Gives you a better sear without the maintainance issues of CI. Your stainless grates will do you fine until you decide to change (if you ever do).

Like Finney said, they do fine and last a long time. I had my 2000 in Orlando for 10 years before moving up here. It was always covered but out by the pool, in the elements. I finally replaced the flavorizer bars and grates a couple years ago and went with stainless bars and PCI grates. They're much heavier and retain the heat longer for a good sear. BTW, that's all I've replaced on mine ~ Still have the original burners and starter.

I saw the Weber catalog from home depot showed the Genisis model they sold had the porcelain grates and said it was a home depot exclusive. I was a cheapo and went online to get my Summit. I will keep what I have for now. They worked good on the Ribeyes i cooked for the wifey and me and the hamburgers for the kiddies dinner. I have mine out by the pool too Joker. It is a fun place to cook :!:

Green Hornet said:
I saw the Weber catalog from home depot showed the Genisis model they sold had the porcelain grates and said it was a home depot exclusive. I was a cheapo and went online to get my Summit. I will keep what I have for now. They worked good on the Ribeyes i cooked for the wifey and me and the hamburgers for the kiddies dinner. I have mine out by the pool too Joker. It is a fun place to cook :!:
You can get the grates at HD if you decide you want them. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom