Need a plating idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
The kids and I are ccooking in a wild game comp this weekend. The big kid is gonna cook grilled shrimp. At home we combine butter and seasoning, pour over raw shrimp, mix well, then grill. When done I put back in the butter/seasoning mixture and stir to coat, then eat. Need an idea of how to plate. The key step is throwing the shrim back in the butter/seasoning. Any ideas? Thanks

Forgot to say, I will have 3 judges. I can turn in 3 plates or 1 plate/bowl whatever "family style".

Any other ingredients with it?

Some of the butter sauce on the bottom of the plate, 4-5 shrimp in a fan pattern, tails out, ..some deep fried julianned leeks on top, lemon wedge on the side?

so blind judging....with shrimp, I might consider using
one large platter covered with greens your choice...try
to form a bowl with the greens that would hold enough
of the butter. Load multiple shrimps in there, and garnish
around the edges with fancy cut lemons and such.

I'd just throw them on a paper towel soaked in butter. Add a bunch of cilantro and guacamole...maybe evun some chipolte sauce......oh and one other thing april fools. :shock:

dollarbill said:
I'd just throw them on a paper towel soaked in butter. Add a bunch of cilantro and guacamole...maybe evun some chipolte sauce......oh and one other thing april fools. :shock:

Hey Swampy, Google the words "shrimp cooking and plating" or just shrimp plating and goto the "IMAGES" link at the top of google... It looks like there might be a bunch of cool plating ideas to follow or expand on! Just my $.02 ;)

Heres one that might work and looks killer :

img_184439_0_59eacdbbf88be99cae65450d7ddbb455.jpg

Im so friggin hungry now! Oh and I noticed today Wally World has a fresh lobster tank with some BIG A** lobsters just shy of $17- for a 3 pounder.

dollarbill said:
dollarbill said:

Hey Swampy, Google the words "shrimp cooking and plating" or just shrimp plating and goto the "IMAGES" link at the top of google... It looks like there might be a bunch of cool plating ideas to follow or expand on! Just my $.02 ;)

Damn what a nice feature. These computer thingies really are kinda cool

Back
Top Bottom