My weird experiement..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
OK, 'tis the Christmas season and that means "Honey Baked Ham" season! I decided to try something totally off the wall. How about BBQ'd and grilled? LOL
img_245211_0_ff347ee2a78ea86b4fdfa68d6fad17b1.jpg

I sliced off a generous portion of meat and thoroughly rubbed-in olive oil and Zarda BBQ rub......

...then into a zip-lock bag to marinate with Worcestershire sauce.
img_245211_1_da468050d438242ce7037e1980a621db.jpg

I'll let it marinate for the rest of the afternoon until grillin' time.....
HEH....

Is this a really dumb idea?

OMG people!!!!!!!!!!....the result is not what I expected :!:

This is just NUTS. What if it was possible to make tasty, juicy, BBQ Brisket on the grill in only 3 minutes?????? Is this possible? I think it is!!....the key to success is to start with a hickory smoked HB-Ham that has already been fully cooked and sliced thin.......HEH
img_245216_0_7eaf89e4fa3f669032529b533651d79a.jpg

I grilled it for only 3 minutes....just long enough to heat.

Plated:
img_245216_1_1964666ae2e0dce1f14605e896c898ff.jpg

My daughter is a tough critic, and she was loving it :D That is her forking away at the plate...LOL...she wanted to eat it right off the plate. Me?....I couldn't resist the urge to make a SAMMY!! WOW.....totally unexpected result....fer'sure!

Deeeeeeeeelicious!

Well I was with the program until I seen the Frog Eating Frenchies Wooster Sauce. Everybody knows there aint but one species called Lea n Perrins. I may have to go up there to get this mess straightened out. Now if it was muy bueno with the pseudo sauce..think how good it would have been to have used the real McCoy. Dont be Penny wise and Pound foolish as great great great Uncle Ben Wheeler Franklin would say.

bigwheel said:
Well I was with the program until I seen the Frog Eating Frenchies Wooster Sauce. Everybody knows there aint but one species called Lea n Perrins. I may have to go up there to get this mess straightened out. Now if it was muy bueno with the pseudo sauce..think how good it would have been to have used the real McCoy. Dont be Penny wise and Pound foolish as great great great Uncle Ben Wheeler Franklin would say.
You crack me up!!

EVERY meat is improved with some "WOOSTER" sauce....LOL I have to admit I was shocked...I never expected this result. The meat grilled for only 3 damn minutes for Gods sake, and you'd swear it grilled for many hours to taste that good!

The ultimate cheat...buy a fully cooked hickory smoked ham...season/marinate for a few hours.....and grill for 3 minutes!
Hahahaha.....it was Reeeeealy good!....I felt like I cheated! The result was so good, it was a total shock.......

Well the ham into brisket thing sorta got my attention too. Now guess it could work. As I have spoken of previously had the honor of serving up some real mushy foiled brisket to some dumb Texan's once upon a time. They ate it like a hawg eats slop under the impression it was pushed pork. Actually they thought thats whut it was so I did not bother to mention otherwise. Dont rank quite up with Jesus turning the water into wine deal..but at least we are on the right track. Sure the precooked ham be cheaper than the precooked brisket. Smart thinking on that angle.

Hahaha....I didn't think the brisket reference would create such a stir.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.....

...............then Brisket made with Honey Baked ham was mentioned, and the entire house woke with such a clatter!!
:D

Back
Top Bottom