My first Q-Pit meal (pics inside)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharFace

Cook
As promised, here is my first Q-Pit meal:

Chuck Eye Steak
Pork Chops
Asparagus
Brussels Sprouts
Pasta Salad

Here is the prep work, I will probably post the finished pics tomorrow as it is already 8:20 PM here, and the charcoal has not hit the grill yet :roll:

The Goods:

The Sprouts:

The Spear Grass:

My darn-near famous Greek pasta salad:

And a grip of meat, marinating as I post:

Bummer!!! I always grill my sprouts in Parchment Paper (its a techniqu that has some fancy French name like En Papilaut, or something like that), but I only have about 2" of parchment left :oops: [smilie=rlp_smilie_130.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_130.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_003.gif] [smilie=madflame.gif]

So off to a saute pan they will go :roll:

Oh, well, the meat and asparagus will still qualify me as on-topic :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
CF, looks like your off and running! Now how about coughing up the greek salad recipe!
10-4, but I need to log-off tonight and serve this meal!!!

Finished products, as promised:

The sauteed Brussels Sprouts turned out fantastic... I may have to take they "off grill" much more often [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif]

A few rogue chops, asparagus, and a few slices of a 'shroom cap I had:

The final meat products:

Steamy!!!

We drank some California Red Wine, and everyone had a good meal!

Smokey_Joe said:
Sure looked GOOD!..... but why do you have your grill wrapped in newspaper?

Ah yes, a valid question.

The wood shelving on the chargriller loves to soak up the greases from the grates, or my tongs, or whatever touches it. Once the wood absorbs the grease, it is hard as heck to remove, except on clothing that touches the wood.

So, if I don't cover the wood parts with newspaper,I end up with nast grease stains all over my clothes :LOL:

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks awesome! I loves me some chuck eyes.
I see you are promoting a chili forum!!!

I will have to check it out.

I fell in love with Chuck Eyes during college while I worked at a butcher shop in Cincinnati, OH. Occasionally we would get an upper rib primal, and the top portion that the owner didn't think we could get $10.00/lb for would become chuck eye steaks!!! Yes, they mainly went home with me, never to even get their fair shot at the display case :cry:

CharFace said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Looks awesome! I loves me some chuck eyes.
I see you are promoting a chili forum!!!

I will have to check it out.

I fell in love with Chuck Eyes during college while I worked at a butcher shop in Cincinnati, OH. Occasionally we would get an upper rib primal, and the top portion that the owner didn't think we could get $10.00/lb for would become chuck eye steaks!!! Yes, they mainly went home with me, never to even get their fair shot at the display case :cry:
A chili forum?? Where?

Nice job CF! I've grilled them once and they were awesome!
(Puff walking out to garage to get chuck eyes out of freezer :D )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom