My 4th of July Picts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Had only about 60 people this year. Cooked 40 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs and 20 lbs of chuck roll. Both marinated. Served with the usual beans, rice, hot dogs and corn. Had about 17 Coronas so picts were a bit bad, but here they are.

How to cut onions without the pain.

relaxing with one of my teammates.

Excellent way to spend your 4th Tri-Tip! You've got a great set up too! I'm sure your guests enjoyed themselves. Sounds like you did!!! :D :D Not that I'm judging, 'cuz I have no room to judge. ;) :D

Vermin999 said:
Looks like you were pretty busy. You want to share your carne asada marinade recipe?

Just layer the meat and put a tiny bit of OJ then Chief Marito, celantro and onions then another layer of meat OJ, season onions and celantro repeat etc.
Use the chicken season for chicken and meat for meat. I go heavy on the seasoning too.
I buy the seasoning at my local Mexican market. Here is the link to the spices. I know Smokey Lew uses em too. I've seen it in his posts. Oh yeah marinate overnight.

http://www.chefmerito.com/

TriTip, Like Toby said "That Looks Killer!" I like the ice chest idea for marinading. You have a mighy fine grilling & Smokin set-up too!

TimBear said:
TriTip, Like Toby said "That Looks Killer!" I like the ice chest idea for marinading. You have a mighy fine grilling & Smokin set-up too!

Yeah just leave about 6 to 8 inches and lay a 20 lb bag of ice on top.

Now thats a 4TH!!, damn box of fireworks thats what being a American is all about. Great job man looks like you made alot of people very happy

Tri Tip said:
Vermin999 said:
Looks like you were pretty busy. You want to share your carne asada marinade recipe?

Just layer the meat and put a tiny bit of OJ then Chief Marito, celantro and onions then another layer of meat OJ, season onions and celantro repeat etc.
Use the chicken season for chicken and meat for meat. I go heavy on the seasoning too.
I buy the seasoning at my local Mexican market. Here is the link to the spices. I know Smokey Lew uses em too. I've seen it in his posts. Oh yeah marinate overnight.

http://www.chefmerito.com/
Hi Mike,

Great looking spread. Looking forward to trying your marinade for the chicken. I use the Chief Marito Chicken seasoning on my wings. The next time you go to the Mexican store, see if you can pick up some yellow hot pepper paste. It's a product of Peru and they use it a lot to season all kinds of meats. It adds a little depth of flavor and some heat to the chicken. I have also seen this in a red pepper paste but I haven't tried it yet.

I take the raw chicken wings and swish them around in a large bowl with a couple of table spoons of the paste then let it sit for a couple hours. After that, I sprinkle on the Chief Marito seasoning and add a little ground Cumin for a South West flavor. It's comes out pretty good. It's kind of fun experimenting with it.

Great job on the July 4th feed.

Attachments

• Yellowhotpepperpaste.jpg
    Yellowhotpepperpaste.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 426
Hey Lew, long time no see. Good to know you are alive and well, you will have to field some of my Chaney questions now that you are back. I've been hitting Mike up everyday, now I can split between the two of you. :LOL:

Lew your alive! Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try. The Mexican Market will most likely have it. If not I'll try El Metate, they should have it. Hay also check Alberton's. Just started carrying Hot Wood. (Mesquite) in 15 lb bags for $7.50. Carnita's, Pollo Asado, Carna Asada and Fajitas just don't taste right grilled over anything else! It's really good on fish and vegies too.

Check out Buzz and I'z blog on his new gill.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20436

Good to see you around Lew. Was wondering if that wedding put you in the loony bin or something, haven't seen you on here since just before it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom