More London Broil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
London Broils have turned into my favorite cut of beef lately..........

This one is seasoned up with Wolfe Rub Bold and the onion and asparagus have Kens Caesar salad dressing on them. 3 russets and 1 sweet potato for ME!!!

Nice looking piece of beef Larry. I usually gey rib eyes but the last few times it's been sirloins. More flavorful as well as a hell of a lot cheaper.

Looks good Larry... Is there another name for that cut of meat? How tender is it? What exactly did you do to make it come out like that? Temps, Grate distance, time on each side etc.... I would like to give it a try soon... Thanks in advance and "You Rubs are Damn GOOD!!!"....... [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

surfinsapo said:
Looks good Larry... Is there another name for that cut of meat? How tender is it? What exactly did you do to make it come out like that? Temps, Grate distance, time on each side etc.... I would like to give it a try soon... Thanks in advance and "You Rubs are Damn GOOD!!!"....... [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

The cut is actually "top round". The key to making it tender is to NOT over cook it and to slice it thin. Top round is a very lean cut of beef, so it cannot be well done with good results or flavor. Normally I will cook indirect first until the meat reaches 100* then sear to finish at 125*. This is the opposite of what is commonly done and it works perfect for thick cuts where you want a uniform doneness. However, I did this one the traditional way. I did a 600* direct sear for 4 minutes per side, then moved indirect to finish until the internal temp hit 125*.

Thanks for the kind words about Wolfe Rubs, I'm glad you're enjoying them!!

Larry Wolfe said:
surfinsapo said:

The cut is actually "top round". The key to making it tender is to NOT over cook it and to slice it thin. Top round is a very lean cut of beef, so it cannot be well done with good results or flavor. Normally I will cook indirect first until the meat reaches 100* then sear to finish at 125*. This is the opposite of what is commonly done and it works perfect for thick cuts where you want a uniform doneness. However, I did this one the traditional way. I did a 600* direct sear for 4 minutes per side, then moved indirect to finish until the internal temp hit 125*.

Thanks Larry, That's good info for future cooks... :D

Larry Wolfe said:
surfinsapo said:

I said this a while back & someone said sear 1st then slow cook.... LARRY, Are you Non-union Boy?

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2tyaqg1y]
surfinsapo said:

I said this a while back & someone said sear 1st then slow cook.... LARRY, Are you Non-union Boy?[/quote:2tyaqg1y]

I do it both ways depending on time. Last night I was short on time boy so I seared first!! BOY!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="007bond-jb":1k37z4kb][quote="Larry Wolfe":1k37z4kb]
surfinsapo said:

I said this a while back & someone said sear 1st then slow cook.... LARRY, Are you Non-union Boy?[/quote:1k37z4kb]

I do it both ways depending on time. Last night I was short on time boy so I seared first!! BOY!![/quote:1k37z4kb]

I always thought Larry went both ways.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ppq7zrvu][quote="007bond-jb":ppq7zrvu][quote="Larry Wolfe":ppq7zrvu]
surfinsapo said:

I said this a while back & someone said sear 1st then slow cook.... LARRY, Are you Non-union Boy?[/quote:ppq7zrvu]

I do it both ways depending on time. Last night I was short on time boy so I seared first!! BOY!![/quote:ppq7zrvu]

I always thought Larry went both ways.[/quote:ppq7zrvu]

I knew that was coming!

Back
Top Bottom