More comp chicken cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
making progress, but not there yet..

starts with more carmed vidalias...not for the chicken, for the cook!

with grilled sweet taters...

and the cuke/onion salad that John told me how to make..

Chicken is my favorite BBQ meat, I've been practicing chicken at least 3 times a week for the past month or two, I'm now sick of chicken too. I found a simple marinade that complements the sauces and changed the technique. I suck at chicken so we'll have to see if it workes.

Next weekend my brother ordered 60 thighs for the contest to go along with the 4 butts, 4 briskets and 18 slabs. Hopefully we will be able to come up with 6 samples each for the judges.

PS he invited over 100 to come to the contest and the Fat Angles ( my neighbors) draw a crowd

my chicken still sucks bad.

Really bad. But hey I improved the skin over last weeks multiple attempts so I am getting better I hope.

That chicken looks might fine to me.

Yummy.

Well down in God's Country...Texas of course...we rufuse to cook parts of dead chickens. I know split is about as far as I stoop. If I was cooking for the Pope or the President or somebody famous like that I would cook them splits on the rotess slow direct over mesquite coals of course. Otherwise the R2D2 (or a cement egg for the rich folks painted green) work just fine. That help you get rid of them unappetizing grill marks. Comp chicken got to not only taste good but look purty...and them thighs dont look all that purty to me. Just trying to give you a tip here. Now sometimes if you get a bunch of old geezers on the judging table they like it burnt and dry like their mama always cooked it in the Crisco. Guess you pays your money and takes your chances on some occasions come to thunk on it....them old ugly thighs might just win:)

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom