Mojo Criollo/Margarita Chicken - AKA: BUI Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
What do you get when you grill two whole chickens that have been marinated in Goya Mojo Criollo and injected with some leftover Golden Margarita Ready-To-Drink Margaritas? . . . BUI (Barbecued Under the Influence) Chicken!

The chickens were spatchcocked and marinated for about 4 hours. I injected them with the leftover Margarita with some extra lime juice added to boost the flavor about a half hour prior to putting them on the grill.

The grill was set up for indirect cooking using lump charcoal and a couple of small pieces of apple wood. They cooked at about 350 degrees for one and a quarter hours. I was surprised by the nice flavor of the Goya Mojo Criollo, crisp skin and moist Margarita flavor of the meat.

I plated the chicken with some leftover Serbian potato salad and a side of tomato salad with feta cheese.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: BUI Chicken

How did marinade + injection work out? I must have overdone the injector the last time I did it. Do you put a specific amount?

Re: BUI Chicken

Nick said:
How did marinade + injection work out? I must have overdone the injector the last time I did it. Do you put a specific amount?
It worked out pretty good. You could taste the Mojo Crillo flavor and the inside white meat had a suttle hint of the margarita/lime injection.

I injected about 3/4 of a cup of the margarita drink into the breasts mainly. Took a few stabs into the thighs and leg. Each chicken weighed about 4 lbs. Just before they went in to roast, I oiled them birds up with some Canola oil to help the skins crisp up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom