Mesquite Grilled Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
So a good friend of mine who's a geologist was at a job site and found a pile of mesquite dumped on his site. Apparently, a truck hauling mesquite caught on fire and they dumped half the load then put out the fire and left. My buddy said to himself "who could use this fine load of mesquite?, I know, Toby". He loaded it into his truck and brought it over. Now please understand that I have not been a huge fan of mesquite but after tonight, my mind has changed. I grilled up two skinless chicken breasts and some thighs, it turned out great and I think the mesquite added nice flavor to the chicken. I marinated the chicken in some Kens Steakhouse Asian Sesame dressing with ginger and soy. Rotated every half hour then threw it on the grill. We also had a some Asian rice and a green salad with Asian dressing.
My daughter is graduating from high school in 4 weeks and we're having a party, I'll be cooking a bunch of Tri_Tips, I'll definitely use the mesquite.

Chicken's on the grill.
img_218612_0_249990a4d749c5044c02131cc271e183.jpg

Chicken and the mesquite doing their thing.
img_218612_1_0705ec0da3c0daa9b08c0361b61fa460.jpg

Chicken is done and lookin good.
img_218612_2_14a96b6f3844ebf3f0416ed1e0b97ce5.jpg

My plate.
img_218612_3_a659ca65c8f3bda98d0c34f325761dad.jpg

Congrats on the fine spread and special congrats to the graduating female child. I tried to encourage mine to only go to sixth grade like their antecedents. Always glad to hear of them discovering or rediscovering the joys of good mesquite wood put to use by them who knows it's intricacies and minutia etc. It can be fickle to them who don't know *hit from Shineola. Its total nostalgia for me. Thanks.

bigwheel

Toby keil said:
[quote="Tri Tip":2ftjxl4m]Was it wood or lump. I love love love mesquite! Good looken foul!

They are big hunks that I broke down to fit in the chimney starter.[/quote:2ftjxl4m]

Nice. I do the same. I get 40 lb bags from restaurant depot or smart and final. I cut the bag open and break down all the logs into uniform chunks and put em in huge Rubbermaid basins. Mesquite is all I use. If I want more mesquite flavor I'll grill while it's still lighting. If I want very little flavor like on chicken and fish, I let it completely ash over like you would with Kingsford.

Well all the lump charcoal I ever seen in an ashed over type condition was seeming to be screaming to throw some more of it on there. Guess yall get a different brand or something.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom