MEATLOAF!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Been awhile since I've made a meatloaf. Got 4.3lbs of ground beef, mixed with 4 eggs, parmesean cheese, garlic & onion powder, ketchup, worchestershire and Reverend Marvins. I used the cheese in place of bread crumbs due to cutting back on carbs. I really hope it works. Using Kingsford and 4 very small pieces of hickory and cooking on the Performer.

Nice "bowl" shape. :!: Is that an "ear" shadow I see there??? :razz:

I love smoky meatloaf. Im jealous, cant eat just had tonsils removed on wed, JEALOUS!

Never in my time on this earth , have I ever seen a meatloaf that frickin' huge :eek: :eek: :eek:
Give it hell...........and give me some =P~

Puff said:
Never in my time on this earth , have I ever seen a meatloaf that frickin' huge :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks like some kind of growth. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :!:

Bruce B said:
Puff said:

Looks like some kind of growth. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :!:
Maybe.....we'll see what it looks like after it's cooked 8-[

Here we go! I ended up making a finishing sauce that turned out to be another wonderful creation. I mixed approximately equal parts of Rev's hot w/ketchup and basted the last 30 minutes. Another delicious creation thanks to Rev's!!! This meatloaf w/o bread crumbs actually turned out to be very very good!!

brian j said:
looks great larry. i haven't cooked a meatloaf for a while now. might have to add it to the list. how much cheese did you use?

I dunno Brian, I do most stuff by eye. But I'd suspect about a cup of parmesean cheese. Wasn't sure how it would turn out in place of the bread crumbs, but it really turned out o be a nice substitute and add a nice flavor.

Good looking loaf Larry. I like the parmesean cheese in meatloafs. Next time think about cooking it on parchment paper.

Griff

I'm ususally not a big fan of meatloaf, but the smoked loaf is awsome. Nice job Larry looks great....the parchment paper is a neat trick to.

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great Larry! =D> =D> =D>
Told ya the cheese would work. :(

Yep you were right Scotty it worked great. A good amount of it melted and leaked out but there was still enough in it to bind it and add a good flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom