lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChuckBBQSmoker

Senior Cook
Well here's a little lunch I did today...

img_236530_0_12f11dbb406fd6600057ca705a06c576.jpg

First as you can see it's a beautiful day here in the bronx. Cool breeze off the water but it's about 60*

img_236530_1_e8ddb50a623b6ea3e01ad69a9c8d9783.jpg

Beer in hand and I'm ready for to go!

img_236530_2_7aab50f6c6607d6c71a223ee2d365bcc.jpg

Brats with some peppers and onions. Making enough to have leftovers!

img_236530_3_bec05e86132fc82c882793ef6a2c8ce1.jpg

On the grill (mind my shadow :mrgreen: ). Cowboy lump and chunk of apple wood.

img_236530_4_10076ef598345868370b4993e1d6ed74.jpg

Done and plated.

img_236530_5_240da900ec3d38ee3a65e7857ff11787.jpg

Close up for you.

Thanx for looking.

Those brats look great with the smoke ring and all but I'm not sure what the heck that picture on the bottle of beer is. Looks like a tight shot of two guys in bermuda shorts standing next to each other and having some kind of a weird effect from the beer!

Dang Chuck that is impressive. I am an old yankee brat eater at heart ya know? Now that thick sweet kraut beer do not float my boat. They put Saint Pauli Girl on for a buck a can as leftovers after the big Octoberfest one year. Whew that stuff would gag a gut wagon maggot. Hopefully whut you got is mo betta than that one. Now I will take a good old English Bitter in a heartbeat. Did you hear about the guy from the Bronx who was employed as the tail gunner on a Budweiser Truck?

Lew: Spaten is a German beer. http://spatenusa.com/0_start/index.htm There are a few verison of it. This version is a dark beer with a 7.2% content. Excellent smooth stuff! If you (or anyone) likes german beer, I highly recommend Spaten. I'd say start with the original spot though before trying this one. The Oktoberfest is killer also!

muddave: nothing it's just a piece of foil to catch drippings and not make the bottom of the grill a mess

bigwheel: no I haven't heard that one lol

Thanx everyone for the comments.

Nick Prochilo said:
ChuckBBQSmoker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":375zqhih]Nice Chuck! Where were you with the Throgs Neck Bridge in the backround?

On my deck :-D

I'll be right over![/quote:375zqhih]

NICE! I wasn't paying attention that your from LI when I responded :D

Spaten is a solid german beer.....I've drank the lager version a few times.

Nice looking eats!!!

I think yall got this deal cornfused with Spatlazen...which is the Eyetalian version of Champagne or so I heard on the radio ad one day. Best beer in the world was Lone Star back before the yankees (Strohs I think) bought em out and screwed up the recipe. Happened somewhere tween the middle 70s to the early 80s or thereabouts. Back in the good old days some folks had Lone Star for breakfast. It was a real health food.

bigwheel said:
I think yall got this deal cornfused with Spatlazen...which is the Eyetalian version of Champagne or so I heard on the radio ad one day. Best beer in the world was Lone Star back before the yankees (Strohs I think) bought em out and screwed up the recipe. Happened somewhere tween the middle 70s to the early 80s or thereabouts. Back in the good old days some folks had Lone Star for breakfast. It was a real health food.

yuck lol german beer all the way!

Ok good point that do some a little Germanic. Guess I was thinking of Asti Spumante or Shlitz or something:)

Back
Top Bottom