Looking for new charcoal grill!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyReb

Senior Cook
i really like my Char-griller with side fire box, it grills and smokes and has more room than the webers 8-[ 8-[

Chuckwagoncook said:
I am in the need to replace my old charcoal grill.

What would be your choice of charcoal grills and why?

I am looking at the Webers right now, does anyone have the performer and whats your opinion on it. Is it worth the extra money? I have not found one locally so that I could see it, and its hard to get a feel for it online.

I would really like the Ranch Kettle but I am not looking to spend that much right now.

Does anyone have one of the Gas/Charcoal grills? I remember seeing advertizements on them last year but have not found any or heard of anyone talking good or bad about them.

Thanks for your time!!

I recently bought a Weber Performer and absolutely love it. Is it worth the extra money between that and the One Touch Gold? That's up to you, I love the convenience of the gas ignition, the charcoal bin, the lid holder and the big shelf! So for me it was worth every extra penny!! I have a very good Brinkmann gasser that I have not touched one time since I bought the Performer and we usually cook out several times a week. I can honestly say there is not one thing I do not like about the Performer! It's a great grill!

Chuckwagoncook said:
Larry, how does the gas ignition work? does it work well? This may be a convinence for the SO, she likes to use the grill too, but I have had to sweet talker her into going to charcoal, she would much rather just turn a knob and click the igniter. So if this gas igniter works well then, I might get what I want a little easier...

You pour the charcoal into the kettle and light the burner that sits directly underneath the charcoal grate. The burner is fueled by a small propane bottle and it has the electric ignition. You leave the burner on for about 5 minutes or so until some of the coals are lit, that's all there is too it.

Most of the Home Depots have the performer on the floor...however you might want to call first! :!:

I have the 1TG and I love it!! :D

brian j said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":2lwacpr5]I have the 1TG and I love it!! :D

does the ash catcher on these things really work and are they that much of an improvement over the 1 touch silver?[/quote:2lwacpr5]

Absolutely Brian! I have an 18 1/2 1TS and then the Performer. The clean up takes 2 seconds with the Performer. The 1TS the ashes get all over the place! Another thing too is with the ash catcher you can go about 3 good cooks without emptying the ashes. Good for those of use who are lazy!

brian j said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":stxuoggc]You will love it. The Captain is never wrong.

except when you don't know what CAB means. :grin: :grin: :grin:[/quote:stxuoggc]

I'm sure the Captain really knew what it meant, he's a modest fellow..............

I have a Weber kettle 22 1/2 inch without the ash catcher. I sure wish I had bought the one with the ash catcher. I got it for Christmas a year or two ago. It was I think $54.00 back then at Lowe's.

HA! This is HUGE..

img200603240023a2pj.jpg

Joker,

What model is that Weber? I've seen the Rancher before. I think that was the name of of the one that I saw at an Ace Hardware store in Alabama.

cleglue said:
Joker,

What model is that Weber? I've seen the Rancher before. I think that was the name of of the one that I saw at an Ace Hardware store in Alabama.
Model #39950. Ace carries them ~ I purchased mine through Russo's Ace Hdwe in Chicago, the old GrillGuys.net.

brian j said:
i'm REALLY glad to hear that. i just bought a 1tg at home depot. i've been getting ready to get a 22 1/2 for quite some time now but couldn't decide on getting 1ts or 1tg. they had the 1tg for $129 in stock so i said wtf.

you guys better be right about this ash catcher.

Don't worry, you will be happy you got thr gold instead of the siler. Whats up with the sakrete?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom