Lazy Boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Like to set around under the AC and play compooter. Now other mo industrious type folks is scurrying around getting ready to do some serious cooking. I got a big half loin sliced up and brining itself in the ice box. To a gallon of warm water I added half a cup of salt and a quarter cup of Mr. BKnox's Chipolte bbq rub. Technically it has soaked long enough but it too hot to cook right now. I will repoat back later.

bigwheel

Naw on Fred I just fired up the gasser. The loin steaks or whutever you want to call them did not cook up near as good as the last ones. Had a good flavor but wanted to stick to the grates and didnt get very spectacular grill marks. I think it set in the brine too long and got cold. The recipe calls for a two hour soak and last batch I did that was still warm to the touch. These were ice cold. I didnt bother to dry em off etc. I was a bad lazy boy. My kamara photographica es no stalweinno. They just looked like white chunks of hawg meat.

bigwheel

In the last 2 days I've smoked 4 cases of brisket, 4 cases of pork butt, 3 cases of chicken, 4 pork bellies for bacon, cut 2 hogs up for 2 different grad parties for some snobby rich folks, and put a egg McMuffin on the smoker somewhere in between for a snack. No AC at my house...............or in the kitchen.
I had better see some pics of this one! ;)

Puff said:
In the last 2 days I've smoked 4 cases of brisket, 4 cases of pork butt, 3 cases of chicken, 4 pork bellies for bacon, cut 2 hogs up for 2 different grad parties for some snobby rich folks, and put a egg McMuffin on the smoker somewhere in between for a snack. No AC at my house...............or in the kitchen.
I had better see some pics of this one! ;)
Damn, when it rains it pours! ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
bigwheel said:
Hmmm...sounds like you is hammering out some victuals sir.

bigwheel
Wait until his boss gets the phone bill! Can you imagine how many phone calls he's made to Larry for advise! :shock: :mrgreen:
Bastard quit answering about a week ago. :roll:

Can't hardly believe a blood brudder chum would treat his friend in such a shabby manner. Could no doubt put a person in remembrance of how they was treated by some of their ex wives. Color me..shocked.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom