Last night Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Lets see...

Grilled seasoned shrimp with onions and peppers

Lime pepper grilled salmon

Grilled polenta

Grilled it all last evening (in the friggin rain)... put it all on at different times and amazingly it was all done at the same time.

Gary in VA said:
my wife and I are just now trying our hand at polenta... so far.. I am not too crazy bout it.

so, if anyone has ideas as to how to jazz it up.......

Gary,
are you buying it in a roll (like sausage) or are your making it yourself?

Friend polenta is really good with a marinara sauce and mozz cheese on top. Sauteed mushrooms reduced in white wine, garlic is really good too.

SteerCrazy said:
Gary in VA said:
my wife and I are just now trying our hand at polenta... so far.. I am not too crazy bout it.

Gary,

Friend polenta is really good with a marinara sauce and mozz cheese on top. Sauteed mushrooms reduced in white wine, garlic is really good too.

It was a box mix that the wife bought.. maybe that was the problem.. never made it from scratch...

I love polenta make it from scratch too. It is very very easy.

Usually I just make it grill it and top it like steer crazy wrote with marinara and cheese.

However you can also layer on prosciutto spinach and cheese that is a good combo too.

Gary in VA said:
SteerCrazy said:
[quote="Gary in VA":93lh4i3d]my wife and I are just now trying our hand at polenta... so far.. I am not too crazy bout it.

Gary,

It was a box mix that the wife bought.. maybe that was the problem.. never made it from scratch...[/quote:93lh4i3d]

Some specialty stores will have it already made and will look like sausage rolls. Just slice and fry, grill, bake, etc....homemade is better though

Back
Top Bottom