Just to prove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Its not burned

Senior Cook
I've been really lazy lately. Seems we haven't had time to do squat for the last few weeks, and the next few don't look much better. My grilling has been reduced to brats, chicken wings, etc. Sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to fire up the smoker and run a bunch of butt and ribs for us and some extended family. In the meantime, I figured I should post something so you guys know that I do actually own a grill.

Simple burgers from Thursday. I winged it on this, jut grabbed what I found. When I asked my wife what we were having for dinner, she suggested ordering pizza. Bullcrap, I suggested grilling something.

McCormick's Montreal Steak and a touch of salt and pepper folded into the meat with a bit more Montreal Steak on top. Formed into 1/2lb patties and drizzled with bourbon. Served on a buttered and toasted onion roll with caramelized onions from a cast iron skillet on the grill. A lump of apple was used during the cook.

img_266578_0_702177857813a00dcb52b7aa8aa9b12e.jpg

img_266578_1_9d326a753d28a59a9da4f78078ac68e1.jpg

Last edited:
Those burgers look great, and caramelized onions are my fav. I've been known to caramelize them with some butter and Reverend Marvin's and just eat the onions!

I just like 'em. Sometimes will eat a quarter like an apple while peeling them.

These were done in butter with some brown sugar added.

I eat onions all the time, and people freak out about it. Say things like "How can you eat a raw onion like that" Then again, I am known for eating an Onion Sandwich....

Ok, then here. I found this after my Mom died and was going through her stuff. I made it as a side for ribs. It'd be great for brisket or a pork roast, short ribs, chuck roast, etc. Might be a bit strong for poultry.

Very full flavor, don't think you need to make more than one pie, a slim slice goes a long way. This is an excellent way to add a savory side to your cook.

img_266610_0_13d825b53730f9eb5dcb7931afbaf774.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom