Just another burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveG

Cook
Ground chuck, home smoked canadian bacon, cheese and tomato. Two of these and I was good.
img_216911_0_0b2cb5db93241926798b0b23efa83193.jpg

Us Canadians call it Back Bacon, or Peameal. Here in Toronto at the St. Lawrence Market, there's a handful of places that sell peameal sandwiches. Toronto is called Hogtown because of all the Ontario Pork we used to butcher and move into products like Peameal Bacon, tanneries, lards, etc. In fact, it was my neighbourhood that just had its last pork-related business close down, a soap factory by Lever Brothers. This change makes my neighbourhood quite attractive because of all the changing real estate.

20070707_paddingtons.jpg

20070720_titledbaconheaderB.jpg

My fave is Paddington's Pump. Good people.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/200..._st_lawrence_market_peameal_bacon_sandwiches/

Gotta love it!

Very interesting subject. I didn't know much about Canadian bacon before this except that thin slices of it are really good on pizza. Thanks for the article on the great looking peameal bacon sandwich.

Going to Paddingtons and the St. Lawrence Market is an institution in Toronto. If anybody is in Toronto, let me know, I'll show them around in the convertible.

What Lew said.
We got it on pizza and you can get it in little rounds at the market.
Good to here the info.

Good looken burgers. I'll have one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom