Jerk Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Marinated chicken thighs in Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning for about 20 hours. Put the thighs in my rotisserie basket and rubbed them with some Knox's Spice Co. Jamaican Jerk Dry Rub about 30 minutes before putting on the grill at 375*F.
img_223290_0_4e0088f25877944b35318e1a0e7f0c4d.jpg

After cooking for around 50 minutes thighs were done.
img_223290_1_ad7456dd057163ee9d41fa3ff9dd09f7.jpg

img_223290_2_99a22b13f6057831481c00acf7947b8a.jpg

I made some jerk chicken a while ago in just the Walkerswood seasoning and was disappointed. This time with the addition of the Knox spice there was a huge difference, no lack of flavor this time, they were terrific and just the right amount of heat.

That looks great Vermin. Did you get the Walkerswood seasoning in the local store or did you have to order it on-line? I have some of Knox's Jamaican Jerk and I think I'd like to replicate what you did.

Smokey Lew said:
That looks great Vermin. Did you get the Walkerswood seasoning in the local store or did you have to order it on-line? I have some of Knox's Jamaican Jerk and I think I'd like to replicate what you did.

I picked up a couple of jars of Walkerswood seasoning at a Jamaican store/restaurant.

Fine job Vermin that looks good. Nice to hear the good repoat on budder Knox's spice blends. I got the Jerk Rub but aint got around to trying it yet. Did the Chipolte BBQ flavor on a loin the other day. Wowser it was good.

bigwheel

Those do look good! I could have eaten all of them in a day 20 yrs. ago - now only 4 or 5. I'm going to have to get some of those Knox Spices when I get back from visiting my Mom next week. If anyone has specific recommendations for other Knox spices please post them, as I prefer to order more than one at a time.

Will testify the Yummy Chicken is great on chicken and the Chipolte BBQ Flavor is mighty yummy on pork. I'm going to try to jerk some thighs in the near future. I'm thinking a little Eyetalian dressing with some rub in it might work for the 20 hr soak time.

bigwheel

Home Depot has a good one for about half the price of a Weber and not far off on the quality. Char Broil model or similar. Around 40 bucks with a good heavy duty motor. Seems like it can spin some purty hefty weights. Do not buy one from Academy or Walmart they are pure junk.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom