Jamaican Jerk Chicken & Mummified Mollejas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I used some Jamaican Jerk spice I got from a vacation I went on to Jamaica . I also took some Mollejas aka Sweet Breads and rubbed them with Hoochie Mamas from Sucklebusters dot com and then wrapped them in bacon and named them "Mummified Mollejas" Very easy to make and eat.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/q7biWZazAz4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/q7biWZazAz4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

SANY0030.JPG

SANY0031.JPG

SANY0033.JPG

SANY0036.JPG

SANY0041.JPG

SANY0047.JPG

SANY0055.JPG

SANY0061.JPG

007bond-jb said:
I'll pass on Sweet breads But the bird looks good
I bet if you had 3 pops in you, you would not pass on them.. They are better and many other things we all eat here....It's only the thymus gland.. :shock:

surfinsapo said:
Pyro Jerry said:
surfinsapo said:
What kind of Southerners are yall? :roll:

..the kind that doesn't eat "scraps". :LOL:

that means crackins ya know!!!! ;)

I would submit that cracklins are not scraps. :LOL: Warthog anus on the other hand... that could be scraps. :LOL: :P

Anyway... It all looks delicious. Whether we like them or not I know you had some good eats right there!! Thanks for sharing.

Mollejas are a delicacy believe it or not...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/aO3g8HfHt9w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/aO3g8HfHt9w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That all looks darn good to me SS, never tried sweetbreads before but I will now. Any other prep to em before you add the Sucklebusters?

Toby keil said:
That all looks darn good to me SS, never tried sweetbreads before but I will now. Any other prep to em before you add the Sucklebusters?
Just boil them in water or beer to firm them up... after that just grill/BBQ them to your liking.. They taste better than Chicken... :D

ScottyDaQ said:
Assuming I'll ever see some fresh ones... How does one tell that the ARE fresh?
They smell like nothing when fresh.. I mean they really don't have a distinct smell at all.... :idea:

surfinsapo said:
Toby keil said:
Just boil them in water or beer to firm them up... after that just grill/BBQ them to your liking.. They taste better than Chicken... :D

Hey SS, I'm getting some calves sweetbreads from a friend that works at Whole Foods on Friday so I'll be grilling them then. Now I don't have any Sucklebusters, so I'll need to use some of the rubs I have here. I'll let you know how it goes and thanks for the idea.

Toby keil said:
surfinsapo said:
[quote="Toby keil":10tje01m]That all looks darn good to me SS, never tried sweetbreads before but I will now. Any other prep to em before you add the Sucklebusters?

Hey SS, I'm getting some calves sweetbreads from a friend that works at Whole Foods on Friday so I'll be grilling them then. Now I don't have any Sucklebusters, so I'll need to use some of the rubs I have here. I'll let you know how it goes and thanks for the idea.[/quote:10tje01m]
Cool man.. I knew another Southerner would give them a try...Call me if you need any tips...Remember boil for about 10 minutes- rub- slow cook not too hot, then wrap bacon and wait till it crisps up... ;)

Where does the name "sweetbreads" come from? I'll try it if I am ever down that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom