Island Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regardless of whet the backer board is, apply wire lath! With the expansion and contraction of any of the materials, the wire lath will help hold it all together. It isn't hard to apply and it just makes a good job better!

You might get away with stucco on bare backerboard in a controlled heat/moisture enviroment.... but that ain't happenin' outside.

Spend the extra time and money for some simple wire lath....expanded sheet metal is best, but even chicken wire will work. Lay down a scratch coat over the wire...rough it up some, let it dry a litle then do your stucco.

Do it once and do it right. It would be a shame to do all that work, have everyone jealous and wish it was theirs when they see it, only to have the stucco flake off in big chunks in about 6 months...........ohhhhh and it WILL.

Trust me folks, I do this for a living. Three coats is the way to go. Over lap wire 3 inches. If you want a real nice finish, make the third coat acyrlic stucco. It comes in lots of colors, the colors won't fade and it is much more resistant to staining. If you need any help, just PM me.

How do we know that Nick can do stucco I haven't seen any pics. As a matter of fact I could say that I just got home after applying stucco to the Hoover dam. [smilie=banana.gif] and without pics who would know???

Al

Uncle Al said:
How do we know that Nick can do stucco I haven't seen any pics. As a matter of fact I could say that I just got home after applying stucco to the Hoover dam. [smilie=banana.gif] and without pics who would know???

Al

Here ya go Mr. Smartie pants

How did you make out with the Hoover Dam?

Nice work !!!!!!

The dam..... Oh ya, the dam.. I ran out of stucco so Ihave to go back tomorrow to finish up.

Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom