Indoors and Outdoors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Everybody knows that before you start cooking you have a lil prep work to do. The first is to get yourself a cold beverage then start chopping.

The seasonings for Dirty Rice
001kwh.jpg

The seasonings, liver and giblets simmering down
004qi.jpg

The rice added and about ready to eat
005um.jpg

Doesn't it smell good?
008hk.jpg

The top or actually the bottom of the Sweet Potato Tartin in the pan that I burned my finger on. I forgot to get the picture of it flipped over but, it is a pretty thing.

011ha.jpg

The pretty 9-12 count shrimp before I added all the seasonings about to become New Orleans style BBQ shrimp
009dv.jpg

I really did cook these on my Traeger grill so, I guess they really are bbq shrimp.
013so.jpg

Just about done. Just adding a lil bit of butter.
012wdym.jpg

Ready to eat with some good Italian twist bread(I forgot that picture too)
015ye.jpg

Good job. Looks outstanding. Loves dat dirty rice. As far as I can figger out it is just Boudan which has lost its gut.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Good job. Looks outstanding. Loves dat dirty rice. As far as I can figger out it is just Boudan which has lost its gut.

bigwheel

Thanks again. No, it's not exactly like boudin. Boudin is made with pork liver and dirty rice(at least my recipe)is made with chicken livers and giblets. If you want I'll post the recipe later when I get home.

Bigwheel and others interested, I posted the recipe for the Creole Dirty Rice dish I made Sunday with pictures further up this thread. Enjoy!

Well I have been hunting this area for pork liver a good while. I aint found none. Had it running outta the ears back in the good old days. Not sure whut happened on that deal. Do know the result...chicken livers is close enough for me:) Thanks for the recipe.

bigwheel

Traegernator said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Thanks again. No, it's not exactly like boudin. Boudin is made with pork liver and dirty rice(at least my recipe)is made with chicken livers and giblets. If you want I'll post the recipe later when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom