Impulse buy is going to get me in the dog house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lew, what are the chances she knows everything you have that's grilling related? In my house it would be slim to none. Don't even tell her, just use it like you have always had it. Now don't be going and getting a woody the first time you use it, she will then know something is up. Just use it like you have always had it!

Nick Prochilo said:
Lew, what are the chances she knows everything you have that's grilling related? In my house it would be slim to none. Don't even tell her, just use it like you have always had it. Now don't be going and getting a woody the first time you use it, she will then know something is up. Just use it like you have always had it!

I got a buddy that uses that same theory successfully with the purchase of new firearms. Of course, they are easier to keep out of sight.

Nick Prochilo said:

Yeah my wife wouldn't even notice nor question that there wasn't a spec of grease on it. Women,,, got love em.

!

You guys are funny, I love reading your posts !
I don't actually hide my new grilling/smoking purchases, I just quietly set them up outside with everything else, cook up a wonderful meal and when my husband compliments my cooking, then I tell him what I bought .... works every time !

Tri Tip said:
Good strategy. But your dealing with a man. :LOL:

Hahaha I know..... I would like to believe that he totally appreciates my culinary expertise so he overlooks my overspending on the grills and such, but what probably is going through his head is, "nice, didn't have to cook again tonight" ! LOL

Back
Top Bottom