I'm so p!ssed..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got around to spicing it up and it'll be in the fridge for about 24hrs. The meat was coated in olive oil with salt and pepper. The main seasoning is a southwest chipotle seasoning blend. It'll be interesting to see how that tastes........

A top thin layer of meat was barely hanging onto the roast by a loose membrane so I cut it away.
img_234121_0_15ed1cbadd5981b0d05be0e556539d63.jpg

What in the hell and I going to do with this piece? Hehe I scraped away most of that white membrane you see before seasoning. Even the big piece has a few distinct sections to it, but I left it together for now. I'm going to try to grill the main hunk intact....we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I have a feeling that it would have been better to cut away all the sections?? I'm totally clueless here....

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Buckeye_Nut":2ybd688w][quote="Nick Prochilo":2ybd688w]If you can get your grill into the 325 - 350 range, figure about 20 minutes per pound. DON"T cook it any more than 125*. It will be like shoe leather. And like the others said, slice it thin or try to shave it.
Oh I can definitely get lower than that!! I'm thinking I can get to the 200-250 range with one burner.......definitely <300.....I'll find out soon enough!!![/quote:2ybd688w]

Don't over cook it, you will dry it out. When you cook one of those in the oven, you cook them at 350*. I wonder how they would come out if you foiled them at some point :idea:[/quote:2ybd688w]

My goal is remove from the fire at 125deg. Maybe I will grill with a foil tent over the meat???

does anyone have any last minute suggestions before this nooob(me) ruins his meat?? LOL

Well that looks mighty tasty. Fine job. Fine looking sled too. Nice garage also. Wished I had a garage sniff sniff.

I cooked it to 130 in the center and my wife refused to try it. She said it looked too bloody in the middle...LOL Oh well....It turned out OK, I think.

This is the plated pic....
img_234164_0_3805f1969f59a3075994d607bf3dfd7f.jpg

I loved the result, but my wife refusal tainted the nice outcome. IMO

PS...I decided to edit my posts down a bit. Reminder to self....."no drunk posting". Hehehe

Looked good, a little bit on the overdone side, but really just a little. Anything more than you cooked it would have been like chewing on a work boot.

You may have noticed I edited my friday posts. Woah..... I need to keep the liquored-up posts to a minimum.

Nick Prochilo said:
Griff said:
It's never stopped some others on this board, myself included.

Some, no probably most of my best posts had booze involved. :shock: :mrgreen:

Hahah....when I read my posts after I sobered up, I thought they looked pretty dumb. Anyway...... :mrgreen:

Buckeye_Nut said:
I cooked it to 130 in the center and my wife refused to try it. She said it looked too bloody in the middle...LOL Oh well....It turned out OK, I think.

This is the plated pic....
img_234319_0_3805f1969f59a3075994d607bf3dfd7f.jpg

I loved the result, but my wife refusal tainted the nice outcome. IMO

One thing... In the pic it looks as though you sliced the roast in the direction of the grain. It will be much more tender if you slice across or perpendicular to the grain. Otherwise looks to be done perfect. Maybe the wife will try some sliced thin while cold, looks less red that way.

[quote="Buckeye_Nut"... I'm familiar with them from my Ohio days though :D...[/quote]

Do I spy a fellow Ohio University Alum??!! Class of 1997 right here!! Muck Fiami

Greg Rempe said:
Do I spy a fellow Ohio University Alum??!! Class of 1997 right here!! Muck Fiami
:LOL: :LOL: ...yea, muck them!!

I always wanted to make the road-trip to the Athens Halloween festivities back in the day, but I never made it. I am class of '90....and I've heard some really crazy stories about Halloween parties at OU. heheheh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom