How often do you go through propane tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Taurus, an empty tank can cost you around 30 bucks, buying a full tank can be around 45. Refilling an empty tank can cost from 10 to 14 dollars around here, and exchanging an empty for a full will cost from 15 to 20.

I've only lit my gasser once since I bought my kettle about 3 weeks ago.

Eventually you'll end up with both. A gasser is more forgiving for beginners, but you won't be really good at grilling till you master charcoal or lump. I will say this....if you've got the time, start with the charcoal. If you're pressed for time, the gasser would be your most convenient option. Now get out there and buy a grill and tell us all about it!!!

TexLaw said:
Taurus,

Also, a tip for that charcoal grill: Get one that's big enough so that you can leave some cooking space where there are no coals. That way, you have a place to move your meat if the fire starts getting crazy or is hotter than you thought. Usually, I only have to build a fire under about half of my 22.5" kettle to do what I need to do.

TL

Great point.....looking at the 22 inch kettle, you may think "That's gonna take a lot of charcoal.." Use half or even less of your grate space for the heat.

Back
Top Bottom