Hot Pepper & Garlic Spaghetti with a piece of NY Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I ran across a spaghetti recipe that uses extra virgin olive oil infused wit hot red chili peppers and garlic for the dressing. We like it so much that we don't use a red meat sauce anymore on our spaghetti.

You smash up some raw garlic and dried red chili peppers and slow cook it at a low temperature in the EVO so it picks up all the flavor and heat. After the spaghetti is done, you poor it over the pasta, add a little parsley and grate some parmesan cheese on top. It's spaghetti with an attitude!

This night I decided to grill a side of NY steak that was on special at the local super market. Crusted it with some of Knox's Cracked Pepper rub. Came out great.

Plated with the spaghetti.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Justaguy said:
Sounds good! What an aprox ratio on the evoo to the garlic and peppers?
I kind of wing it. Enough EVOO so that it will cover a complete package of spaghetti once it's cooked and in the bowl (maybe 3 tbl. spoons) and about 4 or 5 cloves of garlic. And maybe 6 of the dried hot red chili peppers broken up. I get rid of most of the seeds from the peppers but allow some into the mix. The more seeds the higher the heat.

The key is to heat the oil and brown the garlic and peppers on a low temp so it has time to infuse the oil without burning the garlic and making it bitter.

Looks great Lew. Now kindly tells us of the nature of the hot red peppas. Trying to figger out how tough yall are:) Thanks.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom