Honey Chipotle Ham and Mashed Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shores

Sous Chef
I had a honey chipotle rub/glaze in the cupboard that needed to be used. It had a nice bite to it, but because it's a ham that bite was only on the outside pieces. It's hard to beat a bone-in ham regardless how it's cooked. "Cooked" this on the grill with a chunk of apple. Took about 3 hours, but I had a pan with water under the grate to help keep the heat down/steady.

img_221787_0_93ace2d3717566424e00c730e3578aed.jpg

img_221787_1_a1662e5f493ab7a9de8ebdb34febae2f.jpg

img_221787_2_3cadef3c6357cb1396ef1de42c5b6909.jpg

img_221787_3_bc95a28bdd8e3c58ac8b8a38b364b6a4.jpg

Looks outstanding. Your ham just reminded me that I have a gift certificate from Christmas at the Honey Baked Ham Store I need to use. Hope its still good.

bbquzz said:
So maybe I could just come on out to KC and get some lessons? :LOL: That is a great lookin' plate Shores!

Only if I get to head up north to the cabin afterwards! I'd be in heaven with that lake, grilling and beer!

Dang now that looks mighty tasty. I only met one chipolte which was upleasant to non Texicans. It was in a small can marked about abodo. It would put a fire in the coola to most folks. Could possibly make them from North of the Brazos cry big crockodile tears. Lot of puss cakes N. or Fine job sir

Man that looks good. There are many things I can't turn down and you nailed a two in one with chipotle and ham.

Tri Tip said:
Yum. I love ham! What kind of lump ya usen there?

I used The Good-One Natural Lump charcoal on this cook. It's usually that or Royal Oak Lump, but the Wal-Mart by me stopped selling RO :evil: . I've been thinking about trying Best Choice Lump that I've seen at the local market, but haven't yet.

Back
Top Bottom