Hickory Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
After doing some cleaning out in the two sheds I decided to grill some burgers using some Hickory wood I cut up today. Hickory smells so good burning!

img_239858_0_6bf53ed7e07c0160f41b65ed7fb7972f.jpg

img_239858_1_02a3262eb35a434cd632d59c91859b80.jpg

I used Texas Toast bread I bought to make some Pain Perdu with tommorrow morning since I had more than I need for breakfast.
img_239858_2_b77ac60759ba527edee998c0cb534507.jpg

I wish I could put into words exactly how good these burgers were!!!

Those look great! Was your hickory fresh wood, (green), or was it dry? I have an in-law with some hickory that I can go get tomorrow. I just don't know if it would be any good for a little while. I have heard that smoking / grilling wood should be cured / dried for about a year. Am I being told right?

DannyTX said:
Those look great! Was your hickory fresh wood, (green), or was it dry? I have an in-law with some hickory that I can go get tomorrow. I just don't know if it would be any good for a little while. I have heard that smoking / grilling wood should be cured / dried for about a year. Am I being told right?

This stuff was dry and cured but, I couldn't tell you how long. Go ahead and get some of that hickory for sure. He may have some dead/dry branches laying around, get those and try that.

Thanks all! These were easily in the top 5 burgers of all time that I have made.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom