ham steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
It was dark outside when I did this cook; so, I couldn't get any natural light pictures, and the lighting in my kitchen is bad.

I started with a Cumberland Gap mini ham. It weighted in at 1.65 pounds and cost $5.92.

img_148504_0_e3aaf6c0cc70709a4daae14ebe21cdcf.jpg

I sliced it into half inch or so steaks and direct grilled them on the Weber Q120:

img_148504_1_8af6918b8248bcf5f8b857f346c4ddca.jpg

The finished product:

img_148504_2_a2673c832001af01ef57ba9acfe15ffe.jpg

I used some Blues Hog sauce and cracked open my bottle of Head County sauce. I found that the Blues Hog wasn't as hot as I thought it was with the pork steak from the previous cook. Most of the heat was coming from the rub. The Head Country sauce was pretty good. I think it would be better with pulled pork than it was with the ham though.

As for the ham, I liked it done this way. In the future, I want to grill it like this and then use it in a sandwich.

Good looking ham there, I was curious the other day when you wrote that the Blues Hog was spicy/hot...I've heard Blues Hog Original called a lot of things but spicy/hot ain't one of them. :D

Bruce B said:
Good looking ham there, I was curious the other day when you wrote that the Blues Hog was spicy/hot...I've heard Blues Hog Original called a lot of things but spicy/hot ain't one of them. :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I was a bit shocked at the difference when I tried it last night on the ham.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom