Halibut Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
I have three really nice sized Halibut steaks a friend gave me that I would like to grill tonight, anyone have a good recipe they would like to share?

Much obliged,

Toby

If they turn out good, tell me how you did it. My neighbor gives me halibut from his annual fishing trip and it always comes out tough when I grill it.

Well, as I I have three steaks I'll do two with salt, pepper and olive oil and I'll do one in Italian dressing. I'll take pics and let yall know what we preferred, thanks for the ideas everyone.

Captain Morgan said:
marinade in italian dressing, grill.

A little late here but I do wat captain said. Make sure you let them burn/sear real good so it doesnt stick. I use to get that with some pieces. I think when the fish is fresh out of the refer. they cook better, just my oinion. ;)

Ill bet it was killer!

Here's the pics from our halibut dinner. I used olive oil, salt and pepper, then basted them with the lemon dill salad dressing that my wife makes. We also had fresh zucchini and fresh tomatoes that our neighbor gave us. I didn't have any fresh basil to put on the tomatoes so I used a paste we had in the fridge then I sprinkled some balsamic vinegar on them. The veggies were dusted with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Overall the Halibut was very good but next time I'll have the grill a little hotter and take em off sooner.

img_194870_0_4e52df3b7ea03edb24eae1e700eaaa1b.jpg

img_194870_1_630edd67ed84fb27e6cab25a4274b2b3.jpg

img_194870_2_297a962fdbb6a859983751b9b7253889.jpg

img_194870_3_7b2c626f02152f5ee8bcdf3ea0f119d7.jpg

Ahhh Toby, I'm pretty sure that not halibut, unless you marinated it in something besides what you described. And even then the texture is not right. Looks more like tuna. Still looks good though.

Those are some giant steaks!! Look good!! Looks like tuna to me also.. :roll:

Griff said:
Ahhh Toby, I'm pretty sure that not halibut, unless you marinated it in something besides what you described. And even then the texture is not right. Looks more like tuna. Still looks good though.

Yep thats tuna. Next time youll probably want to take em off sooner. Ill bet it was still good ....i love ocean fish!

Back
Top Bottom