Had to try it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
With Larry always talking about reverse sear, I decided to give it a try. I was talking to my dentist a few weeks back and he said he had a chef from Peter Lugers in a few days before me. Once they had him gassed, he started talking about how they cook steaks, so I thought it would work perfect with a reverse sear. I marinaded a top round (Yeah, just like Larry) overnight in Balsamic vinegar and salt. Leave it out on the counter foe a few hours before it goes on the grill. He said to bring it to room temp. A lite coating of evoo, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper on both sides. I put it on the grill in an aliminum pan until it hit 100*. Took it off the grill and let that mother heat up until it hit 700*. Seared it on both sides and off it came. The only problem I had was it was closer to 116* when it came off the first time. I have to work on my timing. All in all it worked pretty good. I'm gonna give this reverse sear a try again the next time I do steaks. Thanks Larry!

Looks like I'm set for lunch for the week.

Beautiful!
12_11_clap.gif

Unity said:
John A. said:
Looking good Nice. What kind of grill do you have that gets up to 700º?
Sounds like (a) gas or (b) ceramic. I'm going with (a).

--John
(Does indeed look good.)

I can't get my Weber Genesis 1000 above about 600*. Of course, it is getting old. I've gotten the BGE up to 700* but it took the hair off my arm that time. I'm going with (b).

Griff said:
Unity said:
John A. said:
Looking good Nice. What kind of grill do you have that gets up to 700º?
Sounds like (a) gas or (b) ceramic. I'm going with (a).

--John
(Does indeed look good.)

I can't get my Weber Genesis 1000 above about 600*. Of course, it is getting old. I've gotten the BGE up to 700* but it took the hair off my arm that time. I'm going with (b).
Jeez, Griffin, what's this wager for? dinner next time we're together? :LOL:

--John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom