Grilling and Baking and.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Well, only got a few pics here yesterday. Not sure what happenedwith my bread. It was coming along so well, then it failed to rise much after made into loaves. I'll work on that more this week. Below is a picture of the first rise and that is a large bowl.
mem10008.jpg

The ham came out great!
mem10011.jpg

Here the ABTs on the grill along with some corn on the cob in husks.
mem10012.jpg

Quail just before coming off the grill.
mem10014.jpg

Not picture is the cole slaw with homemade dressing, the ribeyes(too busy for pics), and a spinach salad.
Overall no one complained about anything but, I am my worst critic and I could have done better. I will definitely work on my bread making skills later this week. I hope everyone had a good holiday and safe weekend.

Smokey Lew said:
It all looks good to me. Tell us about the ham. Was that a cooked ham that you pimped up on your grill with some seasoning and smoke? Also, what was in you ABT's?

Smokey, the ham is a Chesesi's Pride V.I.P. bonelas smoked ham that like so many can be baked again or you can just slice it up)even cold) and eat it like that. I chose to use a local food critic's recipe to bake it. Check out this link. http://www.nomenu.com/recipes/RootBeerHam.html

The ABTs were stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, shreddded cheddar, jalapeno pepper jelly,a lot of chopped garlic and a dry rub spice, REALLY GOOD! Of course wrapped in thin sliced bacon.

bknox said:
Looks great to me. What are the wires in the chicken? Is that for flipping them over?

The wires in the quail(they do look big)are to keep them sort of flare open to grill properly and I guess it helps with the flipping but, they come out easily. Thanks!

Tri Tip said:
Them birds look great. Did you pick out all the buck shot? :LOL:

Buck shot? There wouldn't be anything left to 'em.Lol... No, I got these from a restaurant wholesesaler. They are European style boneless quail.

Sorry I meant quail but wrote chicken, just habit. I may try that with a chicken for a way to get them off the grill without tonging or forking them onto the platter. Maybe I will use the tongs inside to lift them. Makes me think there is a better way that the way I usually do it, that's for sure. Now if I can figure out a way to get them of the beer can rack with out making a mess I would be in like flint.

bknox said:
Now if I can figure out a way to get them of the beer can rack with out making a mess I would be in like flint.

Have you tried covering the can with foil(hole in top for beer to marinate)and lubricate the foil? You would have to remove the foil before cutting the bird but, it should be easier to remove the can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom