Grilled Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
I'm going to be doing some cooking next weekend for a joint birthday party celebrating both of my grandson's birthdays, one and four. I'm in charge of the pulled pork, but wanted to do something special for these guys. I have had the "Grilled Turtle" on the to-do list for a while so I tested it out today just to be sure I could do it. Three hot dogs, two >1/4 lb. chuck patties, eight slices of bacon and a little WRB, for each tuttle. Grilled these guys for about an hour at 350° to get the bacon done and an internal of about 160°. I had fun doing it and have to say it tasted pretty good. Sorry I didn't have any real construction pictures, but I'm guessing you can figure it out if you want to make them.

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 339
Wow..that looks good. I thought you was grilling a real turtle there for a min. Hope I get my queasy tummy calmed down in a bit.

Dang..that looks a lot like Oscar..my little green red eared snapper which come from the Dime Store..sniff sniff. It looks he growed up a little. He loved to eat flys. He could eat em faster than I could swat em. I see exotic eyes in the back ground. I could tell them wasnt yours..lol.

Back
Top Bottom