Grilled shrimp and grits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
dang grits kept slipping through the grates, but I got em done.

As per Larry, put some red onions and squash in Zesty italian.
Grilled em.

Coated scrimps in blackening seasoning and basted in garlic butter.
Grilled, wit Tejas toast,...ate.

I've tried them damn grits over and over again. What the hell do you have to do to them to give them a taste other than dirt? Everything else looks damn fine!

Looks real good Captain. I did an Asian egg plant the same way and it came out delicious. We have some Swiss Chard growing in the garden that's in the same family as grits. It would probably hold up better for grilling. It has a nice mild taste, as well. I usually steam the chard but I think I will try some on the grill next time.

Nick I made these with smoked turkey stock I made after
Thanksgiving...I also added some shredded cheddar cheese.
They were very flavorful.

Smokey Lew said:
Looks real good Captain. I did an Asian egg plant the same way and it came out delicious. We have some Swiss Chard growing in the garden that's in the same family as grits. It would probably hold up better for grilling. It has a nice mild taste, as well. I usually steam the chard but I think I will try some on the grill next time.

Now that is one interesting family. Someone must have been
adopted.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Smokey Lew":2iucu97c]Looks real good Captain. I did an Asian egg plant the same way and it came out delicious. We have some Swiss Chard growing in the garden that's in the same family as grits. It would probably hold up better for grilling. It has a nice mild taste, as well. I usually steam the chard but I think I will try some on the grill next time.

Now that is one interesting family. Someone must have been
adopted.[/quote:2iucu97c]

Yeah, who's the bastard child?

You guys are terrible! But I love it!! Very funny. :LOL:

I do have a 22 year old son who stays holed up in his room most of the day playing on-line computer games with his buddies. Only comes out occasionally for grub. :roll:

Nick Prochilo said:
I've tried them damn grits over and over again. What the hell do you have to do to them to give them a taste other than dirt? Everything else looks damn fine!

Add Cheese, pre cooked smoked sausage, zuchini, onion more cheese and peppers if you want it hot, then throw it in the oven 350* for an hour top with some cajun seasoning and more cheese if necessary...KILLER.......I use the betty crocker recipe and add what I like in it. Its under the heading Cheesy Gritz.

Cap. that looks fantastic. I gotta make me some shrimpy gritz soon with tejas toast.

dollarbill said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Add Cheese, pre cooked smoked sausage, zuchini, onion more cheese and peppers if you want it hot, then throw it in the oven 350* for an hour top with some cajun seasoning and more cheese if necessary...KILLER.......I use the betty crocker recipe and add what I like in it. Its under the heading Cheesy Gritz.

Cap. that looks fantastic. I gotta make me some shrimpy gritz soon with tejas toast.

I'll try them again one of these days, I don't give up without a fight!

Nick Prochilo said:
dollarbill said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":mdunrp9n]I've tried them damn grits over and over again. What the hell do you have to do to them to give them a taste other than dirt? Everything else looks damn fine!

I'll try them again one of these days, I don't give up without a fight![/quote:mdunrp9n]

Isnt that a typical NY answer? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

dollarbill said:
Nick Prochilo said:
dollarbill said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3a435azi]I've tried them damn grits over and over again. What the hell do you have to do to them to give them a taste other than dirt? Everything else looks damn fine!

I'll try them again one of these days, I don't give up without a fight!

Isnt that a typical NY answer? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:3a435azi]

I don't know, is it? :LOL: :twisted: :shock: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom