Grilled Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
My wife picked up something called a top roast that I grilled up last night on the gasser. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and cooked to an internal temp of 125 then tented for a half hour, it was very tasty. I also cooked some small red potatoes in foil and we had a nice green salad as well.

img_183385_0_835ec1ddeae5a5cce138ac7f763638b5.jpg

img_183385_1_5bc514c9dc4a0cd012676d2c2330e78d.jpg

img_183385_2_cd45e70c2e867a95ad3e1e9f50d37402.jpg

big dude said:
Good looking meal. Never heard of top roast - how was it for tenderness :?: :?:

Looks like an 'eye of round'. I have cooked them and really like them. However, I slice mine pretty thin. That cut of meat has little to NO marbling, therefore not on the tender or overwhelmingly flavor side like say a ribeye. But I still like them alot if cooked right, like Toby did!

NICE job Toby

Well that looks a lot like pig fat around the edge and notice the pink is total uniform as maybe it had been cured. The meat looks a lot like a pic nic or a ham. I wonder if it started life with a bone in it?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well that looks a lot like pig fat around the edge and notice the pink is total uniform as maybe it had been cured. The meat looks a lot like a pic nic or a ham. I wonder if it started life with a bone in it?

bigwheel

Even though I think it's an Eye of Round, it's definitely not pork......

I think the white on the outside looks alot like pork but the red in the middle looks alot like beef, to me. Either way i'd pretty much kill that plate with just a cold beer and na-kin. :shock: :P

with the color of that meat, if it were pork, the food police would swoop down with a heavily armed swat team, followed by a oceanliner sized container of Depends to quickly distribute to the consumers of that product.. it aint pork

Back
Top Bottom