Grilled Pork Loin for Dummies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, Nut! Nothing is "perfect" and that is why this is fun, always think'n of how to make it better next time.

Good job!

It didn't look dry in the pictures. Try cooking to 140 - 145 and give your wife the cuts from the ends. It would probably help if she didn't see the rarer section when you serve her. ;)

Buckeye_Nut said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3gvxbn7w]

Depending on the salt content of the rub you're using, you ARE brining. Do a search on the reverse sear, versus searing first, as well as seasoning just before you put the meat on the smoker/grill. You'll get much better end results in my opinion.

Yea...I've been thinking about that. Most rubs like the above are pretty high in salt........ suure...you're not dunking it in salt water for a day, but that same effect still takes place because of the salt. I will look into reverse searing.....I'm just not quite comfy that I will do it correctly yet.[/quote:3gvxbn7w]
Even if u overcook with the reverse sear it's still going to be better than everybody is used to eating.
If you don't start ur never gunna get the hang of it. Its not hard to do.
Once u go reverse sear, you will never go back :shock:
And it won't be pink in the middle. It will make the wifey happy also.

BTW....the pork loin sammys yesterday were excellent!! Hehehe.....I finished all the leftovers yesterday.

MI Smoke said:
[quote="Buckeye_Nut":2uxsfrj4][quote="Larry Wolfe":2uxsfrj4]

Depending on the salt content of the rub you're using, you ARE brining. Do a search on the reverse sear, versus searing first, as well as seasoning just before you put the meat on the smoker/grill. You'll get much better end results in my opinion.

Yea...I've been thinking about that. Most rubs like the above are pretty high in salt........ suure...you're not dunking it in salt water for a day, but that same effect still takes place because of the salt. I will look into reverse searing.....I'm just not quite comfy that I will do it correctly yet.[/quote:2uxsfrj4]
Even if u overcook with the reverse sear it's still going to be better than everybody is used to eating.
If you don't start ur never gunna get the hang of it. Its not hard to do.
Once u go reverse sear, you will never go back :shock:
And it won't be pink in the middle. It will make the wifey happy also.[/quote:2uxsfrj4]
OK...I shall reverse sear next time!! Depending on what I am cooking and the final temp goal.....I'll be sure to ask questions so I get the timing right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom