Grilled Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
We wanted to try grilled pizza from our newly acquired King Arthur Perfect Pizza Blend and we made a spinach, chicken alfredo and an Italian with sausage, pepperoni, olives, onion, pepper. Both were delicious and we loved the crust.
img_188035_0_e4b2c67c0c23e7c6e5a41334c36e27f2.jpg

img_188035_1_8de48f814cf5bc9e83fb14aeb424bdec.jpg

How did you get the crust round? Mine always turn out more rectangular.

The King Arthur store is a fun place to go.

Nick Prochilo said:
They look mighty fine! Did you do the crust straight on the grill or did you use a stone?

Looks like straight over the grill on the top then make the pizza and back onto the grill?

I'd like to order two of the spinach chicken alfredo pizza for delivery ASAP! WOW they look good!

Nick Prochilo said:
They look mighty fine! Did you do the crust straight on the grill or did you use a stone?
Cooked it on the gas grill. Ran all 5 burners wide open to get it hot, sprayed dough side to go down with pam, turned all burners to low and put the untopped crust on for 4 minutes and sprayed top side. Flipped and cooked for two minutes, just to set dough (keep them in this orientation). Removed crust and turned the burners up some to get grill to 400F. Topped pizzas, turned burners back to low and put pizzas back on. Then just cooked until bottom was desired color. Keep lid closed except when flipping or checking. Forgot to say earlier that the chicken was left over BBQ. Everything done on the grill racks as want to get maximum grill flavor into it. More than you asked for. :D

To get them round, the wife made them out in the pizza pan the Italian one is in. Personally I like an irregular shape as they look more homemade.

Back
Top Bottom